• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Help Asap!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

worriedmother26

My state is Indiana and I need some advice...Im on a deadline...

My problem is i am being taken to court and our date is commin soon Me and husband want to settle out of court and confronted other party, they agreed to it and said we will have to pay the fee for filling if we want the claim stopped. We agreed but need to know * when is the latest time period we can have a court date stopped?* How long do we have to stop the claim our court date is in 15 days i believe and i want it stopped in time and i have to give the other party time to mess around and take their time on getting the papers up to the clerk. SO what is the time and best way to handle this matter??? PLEASE HELP!!!!!....

Worriedmother26

BL

Call the clerk's office for small claims . Ask them the procedure in your State .
In my state the Plaintiff has a form to note ( settled - can not be reinstated )
or ( withdrawn - can be reinstated ). It is the plaintiffs responsibility to notify the defendant that the matter is withdrawn. ( paid ) The matter has been fully paid.

Make sure there is a signed agreement,and stick to the terms. If you do end up in court,present the signed agreement to the Judge .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">