• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

contributing to the sexual delinquency.....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

djsmurphy

What is the name of your state? Oregon

My ex-boyfriend and the father of my child got involved with a 16 year old girl (he is 32). She stayed out past her curfew and her father tracked her down and called the police. They questioned him while he was drunk and told him that even though he was not under arrest he had to answer all of their questions. When he asked "shouldn't I have a lawyer?" he was told it was just "semantics". He therefore confessed to sexual relations with the girl even though she would tell them nothing. My questions are: Is it really legal to tell him he must answer questions without council? and How far up the creek is he? He is charged with ors 163.435 contributing to the sexual delinquency of a minor a class A misdemeanor, he has prior convictions for 4 DUI and one for a bad check (sorry I don't know the exact charge). I certainly don't condone his actions but I would like to know how long he is looking at for our child's sake.

Last edited:

HomeGuru

djsmurphy said:
What is the name of your state? Oregon

My ex-boyfriend and the father of my child got involved with a 16 year old girl (he is 32). She stayed out past her curfew and her father tracked her down and called the police. They questioned him while he was drunk and told him that even though he was not under arrest he had to answer all of their questions. When he asked "shouldn't I have a lawyer?" he was told it was just "semantics". He therefore confessed to sexual relations with the girl even though she would tell them nothing. My questions are: Is it really legal to tell him he must answer questions without council? and How far up the creek is he? He is charged with ors 163.435 contributing to the sexual delinquency of a minor a class A misdemeanor, he has prior convictions for 4 DUI and one for a bad check (sorry I don't know the exact charge). I certainly don't condone his actions but I would like to know how long he is looking at for our child's sake.
**A: he will be looking at the prison cell walls for a long long time.

BelizeBreeze

the Reader's Digest version is in hiding. I've been bored with life for the last three months so I made two little girls in Missouri very rich (and when they turn 25 they'll find out) and left myself enough to live on for the next year.

Now, it's time to see if I've still got it. ;)

JETX

djsmurphy said:
Is it really legal to tell him he must answer questions without council?
That would be improper.... however, based on your own post, that isn't what he was told. Your post says "When he asked "shouldn't I have a lawyer?" he was told it was just "semantics"."
There is no requirement for the police to give him legal advice..... and answer his 'should I have a lawyer' question. The Miranda that was given to him clearly says that he can ask for an attorney. Based on your post, he didn't.... nor did he 'remain silent'.

and How far up the creek is he?
About as far as Bubba will be up his 'creek' when he gets to jail.

He is charged with ors 163.435 contributing to the sexual delinquency of a minor a class A misdemeanor, he has prior convictions for 4 DUI and one for a bad check (sorry I don't know the exact charge).
And with that.... he will probably be 'whitewatering with Bubba' for a good while. :D

I certainly don't condone his actions but I would like to know how long he is looking at for our child's sake.
With any luck, your child will be an adult when his 'daddy' gets done 'playing house with Bubba'.

D

djsmurphy

There is no requirement for the police to give him legal advice..... and answer his 'should I have a lawyer' question. The Miranda that was given to him clearly says that he can ask for an attorney. Based on your post, he didn't.... nor did he 'remain silent'.
He was not formaly arrested or read his rights until afterhe answered their questions. He even asked the officer "if I hadn't answered anything would I be under arrest now?" and the cop said "No."

JETX

djsmurphy said:
He was not formaly arrested or read his rights until afterhe answered their questions. He even asked the officer "if I hadn't answered anything would I be under arrest now?" and the cop said "No."
Okay. Thank you for posting that interesting bit of information. Was there a question in there somewhere??

D

djsmurphy

He certainly did. I just don't think it was right to tell him he had to answer and that needing a lawyer was semantics if neither was actually true.

JETX

djsmurphy said:
I just don't think it was right to tell him he had to answer and that needing a lawyer was semantics if neither was actually true.
And with that..... who cares???
The bottom line is.... another pedophile has been arrested and society is protected from his conduct at least for a while.

While here, I have to wonder what kind of skank you must be to be defending your boyfriend (and father of YOUR child.... hope it isn't a girl!!) from him.

D

djsmurphy

While here, I have to wonder what kind of skank you must be to be defending your boyfriend (and father of YOUR child.... hope it isn't a girl!!) from him.[/QUOTE]

No need to get personal with me. #1 my exboyfriend. #2 I said in the original post that I don't condone what he did. #3 What kind of pond scum he is in his own life has little to no bearing on how he is with his child and I know you all will argue on this point but he is a good father and is missed (as well as the child support will be when he goes to jail). As for myself I am a hard working law abiding citizen who has never gotten so much as a traffic ticket before so excuse me if I happen to have some questions on how a police interrigation goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">