• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

refusing treatment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

hardertheycome

What is the name of your state? Washington

Just a quick question--how old does one have to be to refuse medical treatment? And does this include non-court ordered drug/alcohol treatment or general counseling?

HomeGuru

hardertheycome said:
What is the name of your state? Washington

Just a quick question--how old does one have to be to refuse medical treatment? And does this include non-court ordered drug/alcohol treatment or general counseling?
**A: so what is your specific circumstance here? Is this pertaining to a minor, an adult, a court order???????????????

H

hardertheycome

I'm sorry, I thought my question was rather simply stated. To make things easier for you, I will make my question more specific:

What state do you live in? Washington

1. How old does a person have to be in order to refuse medical treatment for a diagnosed illness, either physiological or psychological? (assuming any diagnosed psychologocal illness would NOT cause this person to be a threat to themselves or others)

2. Would this refusal of treatment also apply to counseling or drug/alchol treatment that is NOT court-ordered (ie, a parent or guardian compels a minor to attend counseling or drug treatment)?

This question does not pertain to any specific circumstances, it is merely an attempt to satisfy my own curiosity.

HomeGuru

hardertheycome said:
I'm sorry, I thought my question was rather simply stated. To make things easier for you, I will make my question more specific:

What state do you live in? Washington

1. How old does a person have to be in order to refuse medical treatment for a diagnosed illness, either physiological or psychological? (assuming any diagnosed psychologocal illness would NOT cause this person to be a threat to themselves or others)

2. Would this refusal of treatment also apply to counseling or drug/alchol treatment that is NOT court-ordered (ie, a parent or guardian compels a minor to attend counseling or drug treatment)?

This question does not pertain to any specific circumstances, it is merely an attempt to satisfy my own curiosity.
**A: ok, in answer to #1, pursuant to the RCW

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">