• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Medical Board Did A Number on me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mmrojas641

What is the name of your state? Florida :mad: Just recently I read an article on the internet about military boards. It said that the doctors prior to sending the soldier to the board was suppose to give a complete medical evaluation of the soldier, since the soldier came into the service in 100% workability.

Ten years ago, I was medically discharged. The problem lies that I had found out that a fellow soldier was also being medically boarded. However, that doctor listed everything that was wrong with her. I confronted my doctor and he said that he was just listing what he was boarding me for. When I went before the board, they found out that I was suffering from depression, which was not listed. They had recommended that it be added to the injury.
The board said that I was only 20% disabled. However, even on the main injury the doctor failed to mention that I had 2 herniated disc in my neck and that I had been hospitalized for a month to break the pain cycle. He left out a lot more significant information. He also failed to list all of the injuries to my body or even the fact that I was on a permanent profile for exercised induced asthma and urticaria.

When the decision came down, I made the statement that I did not concur with the decision. During that time I was so doped up on pain meds, muscle relaxer and anti-depression meds, I hardly remember much. When I went throught a check up prior to being discharged, I had told them about other injuries, and they commented to let the VA take care of it.

Somewhere down the line, I feel that I was short changed. I spent all most 15 years in the military and that is what I got for it. Don't get me wrong, I loved the military. However, I feel that for all those years, I should have gotten more.

Is there anyway that I can challenge the boards decision with documentation and have it reevaluated? There has to be some justice somewhere.

Thanks

rmet4nzkx

Call one of the veteran's advocacy groups, they are your best bet. You should have contested this prior to your discharge or immeduately after. Actually it is likely to be lowered more by the VA although they can reevaluate. Things like depression may complicate as it may have been prexisting, same for athma so they may only be looking at what is service related. Two people may have entirely different profiles with the same conditions. Some things may be subjective as opposed to objective clinical findings, these may carry different weights.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">