• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I dont really know where to post this one but....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Mr_Maintenance

What is the name of your state?kentucky

This one is pretty hard to place in just one forum but, I was a tenant before becoming employed by the rental agency that I was working at. I worked for them a year and a half and was transfered to another rental property also owned by this company. 2 weeks before I was terminated i was told inorder to keep working for this company I had to sign a rental adendum stating that if i was ever terminated for any reason that I would have 24hrs to vacate my apartment which is now free as long as i worked for the company.1) If I still have an active lease is it legal for them to make me move because of the adendum?
2) If I was not given a reason for my termination, does this fall under wrongfull termination?
3) Is there any chance of me beating this adendum in court being that I was a tenant before I was an employee?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
1 & 3: You will need to show the agreement/addendum to a local attorney. We have not read the document and cannot establish the legality/enforceability of a document we have not read.

2.) Not even remotely. Nothing in either Federal or Kentucky law requires them to give you a reason for the termination.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">