• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

19 y/o w/ an underage citation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

ada3356

What is the name of your state?i live in pennsylvania and i recently got charged w/ an alcohol violation in the dorms of my college, my campus police were the ones who wrote out my citation. I got a breathalizer and i read a .053, when they gave me my citation though they didn't put down what alcoholic beverage i was drinking (they put it on the other 5 i was with who got citations also) and they didn't put down how much i was drinking and they didn't make me sign my citation. i was wondering if because of the fact that they did not make me sign my citation if i could fight this and maybe get off with nothing, or a smaller charge.

AHA

ada3356 said:
What is the name of your state?i live in pennsylvania and i recently got charged w/ an alcohol violation in the dorms of my college, my campus police were the ones who wrote out my citation. I got a breathalizer and i read a .053, when they gave me my citation though they didn't put down what alcoholic beverage i was drinking (they put it on the other 5 i was with who got citations also) and they didn't put down how much i was drinking and they didn't make me sign my citation. i was wondering if because of the fact that they did not make me sign my citation if i could fight this and maybe get off with nothing, or a smaller charge.
You did commit an alcohol violation, so why should you get off????? Paper or no paper. Guilty is guilty no matter how you dress it. You kids think you can commit crimes and just walk off like it never happened. I hope it stays on your record for a long time, so that you'll feel the consequences when you try and get a loan or apartment or job.

Happy Trails

But poster keep in mind there are a lot of people that are consuming alcohol when they are not yet of age. This type of behavior can have some major consequences in your life. Choose your friends wisely.

Last edited:

Ummonx

I got arrested in PA years back, you end up paying a fine and sitting in a class all saturday where they show you dwi films for some unapparent reason.

Plead guilty and get done with it. DONT drink before hand. they give you a breathilizer.

A

ada3356

thanks for the input, but i went and saw my lawyer today and he got me off w/ no charge at all because they issued me a faulty citation because they didn't go through the proper procedures, like not making me sign it. so i guess paper or no paper you CAN get off :) oh and i was able to turn it around back on them because they illegally searched my room w/o my consent and a whole bunch of other stuff, so now they're gonna have to end up paying ME, so sorry to dissapoint you AHA us kids DO get off and it WON'T be on my record at all. hahaha

Bravo8

ada3356, you are incorrect. If your lawyer told you that it was squashed b/c you didn't sign it, then he/she is incorrect. There is no requirement to have the citation signed, as it is simply an acknowledgement that you received the citation....it doesn't relieve you from the responsibility to the charge.

And they won't be paying you anything for simply searching your room unlawfully, unless you can show some sort of damage incurred as a result.

Most likely, if the search was in fact unlawful, that was the reason for the dismissal.

AHA

ada3356 said:
thanks for the input, but i went and saw my lawyer today and he got me off w/ no charge at all because they issued me a faulty citation because they didn't go through the proper procedures, like not making me sign it. so i guess paper or no paper you CAN get off :) oh and i was able to turn it around back on them because they illegally searched my room w/o my consent and a whole bunch of other stuff, so now they're gonna have to end up paying ME, so sorry to dissapoint you AHA us kids DO get off and it WON'T be on my record at all. hahaha

And you think this is something to be proud of????????? You are a kid!
Next time you get busted you won't be so lucky, come back and post your story then.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">