• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Wrecker Service Clarity Please

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

btricetx

What is the name of your state? Texas

I was in a wreck with a bridge column. The cops had to get my car off the road so they called a wrecker service. Due to financial difficulties, I couldn't even afford the towing costs, much less the outrageous storage costs. Anyway, the car is pretty much totaled, so I am wondering if I can just send the wrecker service the title and be done with this? I thought I would still have to pay the total fees but have an uncle who said he just sent them the title since the fees were more than the vehicle was worth. Also, I talked to another wrecker service who says you can do that as well (send them the title and pay nothing). I've looked everywhere on the internet to make sure I can do this but haven't had much luck finding anything in writing to back up what the employee of the other wrecker service told me. If anyone knows if I can just send them the title and pay nothing, or know otherwise, I would appreciate any help.

Thanks.

I honestly don't know that laws there in Texas - but here in Michigan if that happened, you could send them the title, and let the auction it off, scrap it, whatever. Then the money that they make off of it from the auction, or scraping the parts, is gone to the towing and storage fees.

Then whatever fees are left over after the sale, YOU are responsible for.

But like I said above, I'm not sure if that's how that works in Texas.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">