• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

car taken for 30 days

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cascas

What is the name of your state?california
i want to know if the cops can come take my car off my driveway and say they saw me driving the car an hour earlier but never stopped to see who was driving and impound it 30 days anyways my brother in law was driving they thought it was me and they know i dont have a licence but he does can they do this

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

cascas said:
What is the name of your state?california
i want to know if the cops can come take my car off my driveway and say they saw me driving the car an hour earlier but never stopped to see who was driving and impound it 30 days anyways my brother in law was driving they thought it was me and they know i dont have a licence but he does can they do this

My response:

What makes you think we're here to help you with a "made up" defense?

Simply, you're lying, and if you want to add perjury to your testimony, you're going to be in more trouble than the original charge against you.

IAAL

CdwJava

Did they cite you? CVC 22651(p) allows them to impound a vehicle driven by an unlicensed driver, and CVC 14602.6 allows them to impound it for 30 days.

Although, I do not believe they can come after the fact and just impound it off your driveway ... however, I suspect there is some piece of the tale not being told.

Further, you can contest the impound of the vehicle by arranging a hearing at the office of the impounding agency. And if you have been cited, you can go to court and bring your brother-in-law with you ... let's see if he still defends you when he is threatened with jail for perjury or for Conspiracy (which is a felony in CA).

Carl

C

cascas

i am not a liar bozo that is the story and obvisiously you ought to keep your mouth shut unless you know the city of galt police they are as_ _ _ _ _ _. you are probaly related with your attitude, get some sleep or get on prozac because you need something your mental 5150

C

cascas

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

What makes you think we're here to help you with a "made up" defense?

Simply, you're lying, and if you want to add perjury to your testimony, you're going to be in more trouble than the original charge against you.

IAAL
your an idiot

JETX

cascas said:
unless you know the city of galt police they are as_ _ _ _ _ _.
Hey, cajone breath!! Ever wonder why you think the City of Galt Police are up your ass like a proctologist??? Could it be because your a drug-dealing, low-life, junior gang-banger?? Nah!! Wouldn't be that easy. Must be because you are a punk.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Here's what "Super Dufus" Cascas wrote, but deleted, that I found in my E-Mail. He's using only the finest English grammar:

cascas has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - car taken for 30 days - in the Other Crimes – Federal and State forum of FreeAdvice Forums.

This thread is located at:
https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=195314&goto=newpost

Here is the message that has just been posted:
you people can go to hell im 37 years old and dont have to lie so bite me you are very rude and crude and unacceptable im not a liar what does the truth hurt you or something your mother ought to have taught you better sorry she taught you to be such an idiot. maybe shes one too probaly

IAAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">