• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

US Franchise Requirements

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

swilson

undefinedWhat is the name of your state?New Mexico

I am interested in starting a franchise business. I have a concept, but not any operating retail locations. This is for a coffee shop concept.
I have heard contradicting statements from friends/colleagues.
My question is - Do you have to have 1-5 operations in place before you begin a franchise, or can you sell franchises through overings/circulars prior to anything being developed?

Basically, I want to sell franchises of a concept, but not based off an existing operation. Where can I find the information I need?

:)

BelizeBreeze

swilson said:
undefinedWhat is the name of your state?New Mexico

I am interested in starting a franchise business. I have a concept, but not any operating retail locations. This is for a coffee shop concept.
I have heard contradicting statements from friends/colleagues.
My question is - Do you have to have 1-5 operations in place before you begin a franchise, or can you sell franchises through overings/circulars prior to anything being developed?

Basically, I want to sell franchises of a concept, but not based off an existing operation. Where can I find the information I need?

:)
Aside from the fact that you have not asked ONE legal question, the questions you did ask would take years to explain. So look in the phone book for Small Business Administration and ask to speak with a S.C.O.R.E. representative.

S

swilson

:confused: I realize that the questions and statements I listed were very general, but the real question was:

"Do you HAVE to have an existing operation in place prior to offering franchises?"

Can you create a franchise based off a concept, proforma, budget, and circular w/o a current operation in place?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">