• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

leave of absence

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

andijoy

What is the name of your state?wi

after working for just over 3yrs part time i injured my back. no clue if it was work related but work definitly increased pain and discomfort. my employer was told of all the pain i was in and put me on and indefinite leave and told me not to worry my job it would be there, my health was more important. my leave began on 5/18 and i called 6/22 to return to work and was told i no longer had a job. the employer claims i didn't call him directly with updates of my condition but i called the supervisor who's # the employer gave me during our leave of absence conversation. he lied to unemployment stating that i didn't contact him properly and i recieved no benifits.what can i do?

Beth3

1. In the 12 months prior to your starting this leave, had you worked at least 1,250 hours?
2. How many individuals does this company employ at the site you were at an within a 75 mile radius?
3. As to your UC benefits, what stage are you at in the process? Just the Initial Determination or have you appealed that and gone to a hearing?

A

andijoy

missed almost no work in 12months but part time avg.19hrs a week
at the location i worked there were 9 employees but he must employee at least 40-60 people
uc is done i missed the deadline due to back surgery

Beth3

So I repeat the questions:

1. In the 12 months prior to your leave, did you work at least 1,250 hours?
2. How many people does this company employ at the site you worked at and within a 75 mile radius of that site?

Specific answers to these questions are absolutely necessary in order to advise you. Saying there must be 40 - 60 people or that you averaged 19 hours a week doesn't cut it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">