• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrong or Not?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

[Cheetah]

I live in Columbus Ohio. I worked for a company for 7 years and ended up getting fired due to having mp3 (music) files on my pc. I have a (pay) service where I get mp3's legally, I set my files for sharing (so friends could connect to my pc and listen to music at work) but with only read and execute access so there would be no file swapping. Somehow those security options didn't work and a few people copied the files across the network. I was told I was fired because I made the company liable for lawsuits on copy write infringement. Is this all on the up & up or should I push for wrongful termination?

Beth3

You don't remotely have a case for wrongful termination. It doesn't matter whether the employer has potential liability for copyright infringement or not.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">