• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Property stolen from my repo'd car

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

malice9

What is the name of your state? California

My car was repossesed 2 weeks ago. I have since reclaimed my car, however without any of my personal possessions in it. I called my finance company and they gave me the number of the original repo company, (I picked up my car from an auto auction house.)

When I called to set up an appointment to pick up my personal property that had been in the car when this company picked it up, I was told that, according to the driver's report, there was no personal property inside the car when they took it.

I had no contact with the repo men when they came and took my car; no opportunity to clean out my belongings. I had tons of things inside my car at that time, including a binder with the all the car information and current registration!

If I take them to small claims court, and I have sworn statements from people who rode in my car earlier that day as to what was inside the car, will I win?

Thanks

Malice9

stephenk

other than the binder, what types of items were in the car and what proof do you have you owned those items (receipts) and they were in the car. Forget about your friends as witnesses.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">