• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

died after fault of auto charge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Juanna

What is the name of your state? i got charged for the fualt in an auto accident. we are getting sued around $ 70,000.00 for "Personal injury" when only the driver got wiplash. which sounds ridiculas to me, but ive never dealt with stuff like this before. anyways i was driving my mothers car with my learners and so she is getting charged the money. so i was wondering if i died, would my mother still have to pay all the money, or what. cuz i was the one driving, so therefore it would be my fualt, and if there was no one to blame it on (literally) who would they charge? i dont know its just one big mess. and people are trying to rob us of money we dont have. so please answer and thanks for your answers. also i forgot to say the total charges of the damage to the truck is like only $ 3,000 which i would gladly pay because it was my fault, but the 70,000 makes me very angry. thanks

racer72

3 strikes and you out. And 3 reasons you may not get an answer.

1. The title of your thread makes absolutely no sense.
2. What is the name of your state? Do you think that was put there so we can guess the answer?
3. What did your insurance company say when you notified them you were being sued?

enjay

Juanna, killing yourself is not the solution to this problem. Please, if you are considering suicide talk to someone you trust.

Your mother is the insured party, so she is financially responsible. Is her insurance company helping...that's their job.

ellencee

Juanna
Based on my knowledge of procedure in NC, any award made to the injured party will be paid by your mother's insurance (up to the policy limits) and her insurance company will defend against undue claims.
EC

J

Juanna

thanks for that answer

ellencee said:
Juanna
Based on my knowledge of procedure in NC, any award made to the injured party will be paid by your mother's insurance (up to the policy limits) and her insurance company will defend against undue claims.
EC
thanks i just wanted to know that. i live in south dakota. i just wanted to know if they would drop the charges if i was dead or not, because i was the driver. well when you are faced with this much money when you dont have it, it is one not so many paths you can take. my mothers insurance jsut said that they would change the papers....it says that my mom was driving and they also got the same lawyer as us...so we need to figure that out.

Last edited:

You Are Guilty

Once the accident happens, what happens to the people involved (i.e. dying), makes no difference to the lawsuit. This country has enough problems without giving people an incentive to kill themselves.

PS: Just because they ask for $70,000 does not, in any way, mean that's how much they're entitled to or how much they'll actually get. In fact, I've never seen a plaintiff get the full amount of their original demand.

ellencee

Juanna
Please come back and let us know everything is OK. There are a lot of Moms and Dads that answer questions here and we are concerned for you.
EC

J

Juanna

dont be concerned....if you want i will tell you what ends ip happening but for now i will jsut live with it. i just hate to see my parents ( mainly mom ) go through this.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">