• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Apartment woes

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Serira mysst

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Washington

We moved into an apartment with my b/f best friend and his girlfriend. I was in charge of bills, they soon become angry with us and stopped paying their share of the bills, they have since moved out and we have tried repeatedly to get the money for the bills.

I was told to go to Small Claims Court, but I have never done something like this. I do have copies of the emails i sent them and the receipts of the bills from said apartment.

Can I get any kind of advice if I should go to court or not, or if you want, PM me and I will give a more detail account of the situation.

Appreciate any comments.

Thanks

HomeGuru

Serira mysst said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Washington

We moved into an apartment with my b/f best friend and his girlfriend. I was in charge of bills, they soon become angry with us and stopped paying their share of the bills, they have since moved out and we have tried repeatedly to get the money for the bills.

I was told to go to Small Claims Court, but I have never done something like this. I do have copies of the emails i sent them and the receipts of the bills from said apartment.

Can I get any kind of advice if I should go to court or not, or if you want, PM me and I will give a more detail account of the situation.

Appreciate any comments.

Thanks
**A: I don't PM in the PM or AM. Now explain the bills.

S

Serira mysst

The bills were in another’s name, the female of the roommate, I will call her W, and they are moving out. Once this happens, I will be put on the lease and switch the bills to my name.

The bills consist of Rent, Electricity, Gas & Power, Phone, DSL and a late fee we got, for them not giving Rent last time in a timely matter. I took over said bills when I moved in in April, because she wasn't paying them, I got them all up to date, (3 months behind) and started paying them. I send an email stating how much the bills were and what their half is. Since as of June, they have stopped talking to us, so I make copies of everything and give them photocopies of what the bill amount was. I break it up by when they get paid so, to try to evenly spread the bills out, so they aren't broke one week and fine the next.

Electricity is now 3 months behind because they gave us not enough in July and nothing in August. My boyfriend, said to not pay it, I told him his name is on it, we need to pay it. He said wait for September, we have, we are paying it in full and making copies of it. W has since said they are not paying for anything.

I hope you can make sense of this. I've never had to deal with something like this.

You Are Guilty

Start here and click on "how do I get started".

It's really relatively painless (except for the part where they administer the electric shocks to your genitalia, but that part's over quick and you hardly notice the scars after a few days).

S

Serira mysst

I am asking if I need to even bother, I thank you for responding, but I know how to do it. I am asking the opinion based on what I gave you if this is even worth it for us to do, or if we should just cut our losses.

I now have noticed around $300 dollars of stuff missing, every day they come over to pick up some of their things, more things of ours are missing.

BL

And you let them walk around unsupervised to collect any belongings as they wish , including yours ?

Geeze !! Get your head on your shoulders .

You stated bills were in there name , including rent.
Then you state the elect. is in your B/f's name , and behind 3 months. ?

You also state you are going to get the lease transfered in your name .

First thing you need to do is state the facts of your situation correctly.

What is the situation ? Are they living there or not according to the Landlord ?
In other words , do they still have keys and are allowed to come and go as the please ?

If they're not allowed , change the locks. Gather their belongings .

Decide what you want to do and do it.

Small claims filing fees are cheap. Go in , present your case , and see what happens ?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">