• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Oral Agreement about borrowing a personal item

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Shadow Law

What is the name of your state? I am from Washington State

I haven't been able to find it yet...but when I'm able to I am. Alright, here it is:

My friend borrowed a dress from a not so-close friend to have his girlfriend wear to his senior prom. As stated, it was an oral agreement. From the start....the dress has a piss stain from the friend's dog. So she asked my friend to get it clean so he would be able to have his girlfriend wear it. It was agreed...so WHAT WAS THOUGHT. Afterwards, my friend returned the dress to the friend, but she refused to take it because she wanted it clean, however, that was not part of the agreement. Now she is taking him to court for not getting the dress cleaned or what not....I do not have clear details of what her reason for taking my friend to court.

I tried calling my state legislature, but it was too late to get any answers. Planning to go the library and look at some books about oral agreements and what not. Also, forgot to mention....the girl is claiming that dress was bought for $700...but another friend said that the dress was between $400-$700...so no real idea what it was bought for. My friend is going to find out the price for the dress. Another thing...the friend who mumbled the price range was told that she was a third party and couldnt say anything of worth or was it she wouldnt be considered a witness?

I'm not entirely sure of that...but please inform me of that. Thanks. I know this sounds ragged, but please bare with me. I appreciate all information I"m able to get from you posters. If any questions, I will reply to help in understanding what my friend will be able to do to resolve this mess.

Thanks a lot for any information of help provided in posts.

So Thanks Again,

Shadow Law

HomeGuru

Shadow Law said:
What is the name of your state? I am from Washington State

I haven't been able to find it yet...but when I'm able to I am. Alright, here it is:

My friend borrowed a dress from a not so-close friend to have his girlfriend wear to his senior prom. As stated, it was an oral agreement. From the start....the dress has a piss stain from the friend's dog. So she asked my friend to get it clean so he would be able to have his girlfriend wear it. It was agreed...so WHAT WAS THOUGHT. Afterwards, my friend returned the dress to the friend, but she refused to take it because she wanted it clean, however, that was not part of the agreement. Now she is taking him to court for not getting the dress cleaned or what not....I do not have clear details of what her reason for taking my friend to court.

I tried calling my state legislature, but it was too late to get any answers. Planning to go the library and look at some books about oral agreements and what not. Also, forgot to mention....the girl is claiming that dress was bought for $700...but another friend said that the dress was between $400-$700...so no real idea what it was bought for. My friend is going to find out the price for the dress. Another thing...the friend who mumbled the price range was told that she was a third party and couldnt say anything of worth or was it she wouldnt be considered a witness?

I'm not entirely sure of that...but please inform me of that. Thanks. I know this sounds ragged, but please bare with me. I appreciate all information I"m able to get from you posters. If any questions, I will reply to help in understanding what my friend will be able to do to resolve this mess.

Thanks a lot for any information of help provided in posts.

So Thanks Again,

Shadow Law
**A: good grief. Why didn't your friend take the dress and have it dry cleaned before returning it? Are you guys in middle school or something?

JETX

And exactly what does this junior high squabble have to do with the law???
Tell your idiot friend to pay to have the dress cleaned.
Man, that was simple.

S

Shadow Law

Thanks to all you jackasses. If you actually read it clearly...Highschool, you morons..not middle school. ****ing pricks. i guess there is no clear answer from you pricks. im only asking for some clear answers....my ****ing god. my friend told her he would get it clean for her again afterwards. and she asked for it back through other people...then...did not want it back again. and now is trying to take him to court over the dress and wat not...bull**** case....but oh well..thanks again, u mother****ers.

JETX

You Are Guilty said:
So, wait. She wore a dress covered in dog piss to the prom? :confused:
No. The OP took his Great Dane to the prom in a borrowed dress. The 'date' in a moment of excitement, pee'd on the dress. The OP figured what the hell.... and thought that was a good sign that he was going to get lucky. Oh, and I forgot to mention.... the dog's name is Lucky. :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">