• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Health Insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kristyone1

What is the name of your state? Oregon

I have been employed for almost one year and have worked 25 or more hours per week. I have just found out that according to the rules of eligibility of this Companys Medical and Dental plan, that I should have been put on insurance after working 20 hours or more weekly for 30 days. The employer was not aware of this, or so they say. They assumed because I was part-time I did not qualify for insurance.

I have been paying for insurance out of my own pocket all of this time. There are also waiting periods on the dental and medical for certain procedures. Well, had I been on insurance all of these waiting periods would have been met and I could proceed with getting major services covered.
They have agreed to put me on medical and dental insurance as a incentive to keep me here, however I just found out about the eligibility ruling. They owed me this all along. Is there any back compensation I should be getting from them?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
No. No fraud was involved; they were not deliberately withholding insurance from you. Mistakes happen.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">