• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

internet auction house owes me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

madinAZ

What is the name of your state? Arizona

In Feb I consigned some sports memoriabilia to a reputable auction house in Montreal, Canada. The fronted me an amount of money and only put some of the items in their June auction.
I requested that my unauction items be sent back, they agree'd after I pay the comission for what was sold. I mistakenly sent them $5,097 too much. I found the mistake and requested the funds be returned, they agreed and said they will return the overage funds. They did return most of my unauctioned item but some items were not returned along with the accompanying documents that authenticated the items.
I have emails and taped (video and audio) to corobberate my story, they have posted false information on a sports memoriabilia bulletin board that conflicts with their emails and taped conversations.

How do I go about getting my $5,097.00 in overpaid funds and approximatly $6,000.00 in merchandise they will not returne?
I have filed online reports with IFCC and FTC but the replies from them indicat that this will take a long time.

JETX

madinAZ said:
How do I go about getting my $5,097.00 in overpaid funds and approximatly $6,000.00 in merchandise they will not returne?
I have filed online reports with IFCC and FTC but the replies from them indicat that this will take a long time.
You're not going to like this, but the ONLY way you can try to force them to pay you (Unless you have a written agreement that a US court has jurisdiction) is for you to travel to Canada and sue them in a Canadian court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">