• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Government agency libel/slander???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mistchf

In California...a social worker made accusations against me and all were proven false. I had filed a complaint against her (thus the retaliation)which took a YEAR to get a response to. I had to go to every government agency in the state of California to get that far. During this time I had applied for adoption, explained what had occurred with the social worker, took their classes and interviews, 5 months involved in this process. The adoption agency then spoke with this particular social worker and THEN denied my application. Every agency I have spoke with says they will not take an application because they get their business from the county agency and it would not be financially feasible. Can't find an attorney anywhere who will take on CPS. What can I do??

You Are Guilty

Mistchf said:
In California...a social worker made accusations against me and all were proven false. I had filed a complaint against her (thus the retaliation)which took a YEAR to get a response to. I had to go to every government agency in the state of California to get that far. During this time I had applied for adoption, explained what had occurred with the social worker, took their classes and interviews, 5 months involved in this process. The adoption agency then spoke with this particular social worker and THEN denied my application. Every agency I have spoke with says they will not take an application because they get their business from the county agency and it would not be financially feasible. Can't find an attorney anywhere who will take on CPS. What can I do??
Have you considered knitting? You can make some lovely scarves while you're waiting for a crazy attorney to take this case.

Mistchf

And I think they would be crazy not to...the damages here are insurmountable. Not to mention CPS is under nationwide attack because of their "unethical practices" and most of what I have is documented. I would think a jury could plainly see what has happened here....foster parent of 10 years with impeccible record, files a complaint (which after a year is admitted and validated by the director), in return said social worker destroys any chance of her adopting. Hmmmmm.... all the legalities may be mumbo jumbo but I think just about any decent person could see through this...and I don't have time to knit :p :p

JETX

Mistchf said:
a social worker made accusations against me and all were proven false.
So, why exactly are you trying to take on the CPS?? It would appear from your post that the infractions were done by THE social worker and not by the CPS.

The adoption agency then spoke with this particular social worker and THEN denied my application.
That seems highly unlikely that the adoption agency would just 'happen' to talk with this particular social worker, doesn't it?? Further, how do you know that the agency's decision was determined solely by the statements, if any, of this person??
It is just as possible that they made the decision based on other factors.

I have to think that there is more to this than you are telling, or you are assuming that the social worker is the source of the problem when it may be elsewhere.

Mistchf

JETX said:
So, why exactly are you trying to take on the CPS?? It would appear from your post that the infractions were done by THE social worker and not by the CPS.

Because her infractions were reported to her supervisors and they would do nothing. When an employee is negligent I would expect that her supervisors would handle it, not ignore it. And there was no WAY they could justify it. In my complaint they never addressed what she had done. Just danced around it. And that is all in writing.

That seems highly unlikely that the adoption agency would just 'happen' to talk with this particular social worker, doesn't it?? Further, how do you know that the agency's decision was determined solely by the statements, if any, of this person??
It is just as possible that they made the decision based on other factors.

Of course there are other factors NOW. But they weren't factors until they talked to the social worker. So why wasn't my application denied on those factors BEFORE they spoke to her? And they are ridiculous factors also. It was a month between the time of waiting for final approval and them talking to her. And they did so because I told them before I ever began the process what had occurred. I live in a very small town. I wanted to be sure it wasn't going to interfere somewhere down the road. In the beginning they said it wouldn't (I had NOTHING filed against me, and many, MANY letters from children I had fostered AND their parents, not to mention many people in the community)and had me go through their entire process.

I have to think that there is more to this than you are telling, or you are assuming that the social worker is the source of the problem when it may be elsewhere.
When I received the call that my application had been denied, THAT was the only reason given and I was told specifically what she had said. I asked that it be put in writing and the supervisor said "sure, no problem, we'll send a letter out today". That letter wasn't written until a WEEK later and then suddenly there were other factors. C'mon.. as a reasonable person would YOU believe it was those other factors?? Or is it pretty obvious that the agency is covering up for the county because their $$'s come from them.

You Are Guilty

Mistchf said:
When I received the call that my application had been denied, THAT was the only reason given and I was told specifically what she had said. I asked that it be put in writing and the supervisor said "sure, no problem, we'll send a letter out today". That letter wasn't written until a WEEK later and then suddenly there were other factors. C'mon.. as a reasonable person would YOU believe it was those other factors?? Or is it pretty obvious that the agency is covering up for the county because their $$'s come from them.
You see, that's the problem, at least legally. "Pretty obvious" is not particularly good evidence in court, if it's able to come in at all - you're going to need something a lot more solid before you'll be able to attract an attorney.

I, too, suspect there's more to this story.

Mistchf

You Are Guilty said:
You see, that's the problem, at least legally. "Pretty obvious" is not particularly good evidence in court, if it's able to come in at all - you're going to need something a lot more solid before you'll be able to attract an attorney.

Well that is why I came here!! To find out these things. The CPS investigator asked certain people (who are willing to testify in court)about things that were said by the worker, using specifics. The same things I was told by the adoption agency. *I* didn't give them that information so they obviously knew about it in order to question someone. Yet they are denying it. Why would that not be allowed in court??

I, too, suspect there's more to this story.
Well there always is. This has been going on for almost a year now. Kinda hard to put every detail in. I'm not sure what details are needed, which is why I came here. And instead I get smart remarks like "take up knitting". Apparently some people can't possibly realize what a loss this is. And how government agencies can mess with people's lives just because they have the money to do it, and all the legalities to protect them.

You Are Guilty

And apparently you can't realize the number of paranoid fruitcakes out there who think that every government agency is "out to get them" and want to sue but have no proof. Thus, the reason why you can't find a lawyer to take the case.

Besides, knitting is quite stress-relieving, which may be the solution to your problem.

Mistchf

Thus, the reason why you can't find a lawyer to take the case.

And here I thought this was an advice forum. I didn't realize the judge and jury was already in.

Besides, knitting is quite stress-relieving, which may be the solution to your problem

I hope you figure out what your problem is and find a solution so that you don't feel the need to take it out on other people.

Dandy Don

Are this social worker's comments WRITTEN anywhere or just verbal? Can't you arrange for another social worker to be contacted about this matter instead of the one who is doing you wrong? Exactly what is being said?

You Are Guilty

Mistchf said:
Thus, the reason why you can't find a lawyer to take the case.

And here I thought this was an advice forum. I didn't realize the judge and jury was already in.

Besides, knitting is quite stress-relieving, which may be the solution to your problem

I hope you figure out what your problem is and find a solution so that you don't feel the need to take it out on other people.
Take what out on other people? I am trying to get it through your think head that there's a specific reason why you cannot attract legal representation. I hate to break it to you, but it's not because I'm the crazy one.

Just because you don't happen to like it doesn't mean it's not advice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">