• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Breach of contract or straight discrimination?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cbcomm

undefinedWhat is the name of your state? IL

I have signed a 12 month contract with a co. providing advertising services for my business. I had been advertising with them 7 months prior and gradually increased our budget nearly 300%, at which point we made a 1 yr agreement ending May '05.

We represent an MLM co. and in their rules it states that such co.'s could advertise on their site, but they allowed us to go on knowing this fact and just told us that we had to regulate ourselves making sure no complaints were filed. A set of rules were given to us in order to retain our contract, which we followed to the T.

2 months into our contract our ads were shut down without notice. We called to ask for an explanation, our answer was that they had shut us down due to our co. being MLM. However, this was a well known fact both in management and by our reps. What's worse is that this was not applied accross the board and we are being told that anyone else remaining on is none of our business and that we broke the rules period.

We learned that this co. had made an exclusive agreement with the other MLM co. and is now saying we have breached their rules, when the other advertiser is breaching them every single second without any repercusions.

What's worse is that we were negated an exclusie contract in writing 10 mo. ago. We were not given notice and our business will suffer over $1m in losses in the next 12 mo. because of this breach of contract.

I just wanted to know how we could persue this legally if so under what grounds...

How would that affect my corporation?

Should I win, what laws of compensation would apply ?
Should I lose, could my personal assets be compromised althought my co. is incorporated?

Thanks a million

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">