• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Money in an oral agreement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

elohcin825

Oral Agreement....Please reply!!!!

What is the name of your state? INDIANA
My fiance made a deal with a friend's dad that if he let him (the dad) borrow $500, he would in exchange give him money with interest that built up. For some reason he had offered to give my fiance $7,000 and even showed him a check that he had to get cashed so he could give him the cash. Well it has been 3 months now and this guy is just playing around and he still has not payed us the money. My fiance has made many attempts to meet up with him and get the money but there is always an excuse. Now there was a handshake and a witness so does this mean that this oral agreement is legally binding??? We are just tired of this whole thing so we want to sue. Is this possible or will the courts just be a waste of time and money? Please help us!! Thanks to all that reply!!! :)

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">