• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Non-Disclosure Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

karmajay

What is the name of your state? Florida

Hello all and thanks for any help.

Basically a friend and I worked for a company with a president that was VERY verbally abusive.

I signed a non-disclosure agreement for that industry with them. I have not worked there since Jan of 2004. My friend recently left there because the verbal abuse became too much for him.

Now the employer is trying to deny him his unemployment, so he has a arbitrary meeting soon.

Through other parties, we have heard that the president told anybody in the company if they gave any information about the work or conditions there (to the arbitrary unemployment govt office), he would sue those people due to the non-disclosure agreement.

I don't think this is possible, but I wanted to check, because I need to write a letter for my friend's lawyer about the conditions when I worked there.

(yes the president of the small company is not the greatest person)

Thanks for your help!

BelizeBreeze

Without knowing exactly what the non-disclosure states there are several things you should know about this type of contract.

First, it covers in the majority, trade secrets and practices.

Second, the benefits hearing is a quasi-legal hearing and disclosure of any type, when questioned, is not a violation of the agreement.

And third, anyone can sue anyone for anything. So, if the prez decides to sue, he doesn't need a reason.

Go to the hearing, answer all questions honestly and completely and tell Mr. prez to suck wind.

K

karmajay

Thanks.

Basically it's what I figured. I'm only writing a letter about the harsh verbal conditions my friend worked under, and stating nothing about the company and it's products itself.

Thanks for your time!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">