• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can a disclaimer protect me?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kimmersly

What is the name of your state? Indiana

I am having a big party, with over a hundred people on my property, my husband rented sumo wrestling suits and an inflatable boxing arena. i am nervious that once alcohal is added into the mix the opportunity for personal injury is intensified. Can i have participants sign a disclaimer waiving me of liability of personal injury? Turning 40 is hard enough without also dealing with being sued, and losing my house because someone hurt their back goofing off...thanks in advance to anyone who knows how i can protect myself.

rmet4nzkx

Any one can sue disclaimer or not so I suggest you check with the vendor or your homeowner's insurance regarding obtaining event insurance for additional coverage for this event.

You might also want to regulate the amount of alcohol consumed, plan for designated drivers and hire some security to monitor the event.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">