• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need some advise :-(

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Eztreme

I live in philadelphia PA.
And yesterday my g/f borrowed my dad's car to go to a doctor's appt, in her way back she was driving when a car coming out of a driveway from a auto shop popped half way in the street. now my g/f said that she git the brakes but cuz it was raining the car just kept going and hit the guy.
Now the mess is this, the car the guy was driving belongs to Enterprise rental company, and the guy driving it works for this auto shop which was doing some job in that car, the car my g/f was driving belongs to my father and she is not in the insurance.
She says is the guy's fault for coming out so quick and all the way out in the middle of the road without looking, but he says that my g/f was speeding which she denies.
So who is at fault and who has to cover with the damage?
:confused:

BelizeBreeze

How do you expect an answer when we were not witnesses to the accident. Call your insurance company and let them figure it out.

teflon_jones

well, i'll provide a civil response even if other people won't. :rolleyes:

there are a couple of different insurance companies that you can submit this through: your dad's and your gf's. occassional drivers don't need to be insured on your dad's policy. if you and your g/f live with him, then it would be different, but if she was just borrowing his car, it doesn't matter. you can submit the claim to both insurance companies and let them figure out who's going to pay.

As for whose fault this is, the insurance companies will sort that out. Since the other driver was entering the road from a private driveway, your gf had the right of way. But technically they may say she was going too fast for the conditions since it was raining so she was speeding. It doesn't matter if the speed limit was higher. So basically you'll just have to wait and hear what the insurance companies say.

BelizeBreeze

teflon_jones said:
well, i'll provide a civil response even if other people won't. :rolleyes:

there are a couple of different insurance companies that you can submit this through: your dad's and your gf's. occassional drivers don't need to be insured on your dad's policy. if you and your g/f live with him, then it would be different, but if she was just borrowing his car, it doesn't matter. you can submit the claim to both insurance companies and let them figure out who's going to pay.

As for whose fault this is, the insurance companies will sort that out. Since the other driver was entering the road from a private driveway, your gf had the right of way. But technically they may say she was going too fast for the conditions since it was raining so she was speeding. It doesn't matter if the speed limit was higher. So basically you'll just have to wait and hear what the insurance companies say.
What an Idiotic response. And of course you know this because you were there.
and of course all these questions about where the girlfriend lives is immaterial to the fact that the CAR's insurance carrier is the one that the claim needs to go through. But then, a civil answer that is WRONG is still wrong.

BelizeBreeze said:
What an Idiotic response. And of course you know this because you were there.
and of course all these questions about where the girlfriend lives is immaterial to the fact that the CAR's insurance carrier is the one that the claim needs to go through. But then, a civil answer that is WRONG is still wrong.
why do you have to be so rude :confused: people come on this board for help and advice. i understand that some or most questions are best left to the insurance company and/or attorney but sometimes people just want some answers just so they know what to expect from the various parties. if you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all :mad:

BelizeBreeze

jpritchett81 said:
why do you have to be so rude :confused: people come on this board for help and advice. i understand that some or most questions are best left to the insurance company and/or attorney but sometimes people just want some answers just so they know what to expect from the various parties. if you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all :mad:
anything nice to say? Who the hell cares about nice. Either give valid advice or shut the hell up. I have no time to be nice to someone who has no idea of what they speak.

teflon_jones

:rolleyes: I won't resort to name-calling. People only resort to that when they have nothing intelligent to say.

For anyone that has any idea of traffic laws at all, they would know that when entering a public roadway from a private driveway, the motorist in the public roadway has right of way. It's really very simple. There are only a few exceptions to this, such as if the vehicle entering from a private driveway is an emergency vehicles with its lights and/or siren on. But they still are required to proceed in a manner that won't endanger other motorists. However, I digress.

As I said, there are other factors to consider in this, such as whether your girlfriend was proceeding at an appropriate rate of speed for the conditions. I can't determine that. Let the respective insurance companies sort it out.

As for the insurance question, as I stated, there are a couple of different insurance policies that may pay this claim. Submit it to your father's insurance company and your girlfriend's insurance company and let them sort it out with the insurance company of the other driver. It's not up to you to determine which insurance company will pay the claim. That's what they have lawyers for.

Last edited:

BelizeBreeze

teflon_jones said:
:rolleyes: I won't resort to name-calling. People only resort to that when they have nothing intelligent to say.

For anyone that has any idea of traffic laws at all, they would know that when entering a public roadway from a private driveway, the motorist in the public roadway has right of way. It's really very simple. There are only a few exceptions to this, such as if the vehicle entering from a private driveway is an emergency vehicles with its lights and/or siren on. But they still are required to proceed in a manner that won't endanger other motorists. However, I digress.

As I said, there are other factors to consider in this, such as whether your girlfriend was proceeding at an appropriate rate of speed for the conditions. I can't determine that. Let the respective insurance companies sort it out.

As for the insurance question, as I stated, there are a couple of different insurance policies that may pay this claim. Submit it to your father's insurance company and your girlfriend's insurance company and let them sort it out with the insurance company of the other driver. It's not up to you to determine which insurance company will pay the claim. That's what they have lawyers for.
Oh brother. :rolleyes:

teflon_jones

just ignore him flyboy, he's a stereotypical troll. somehow he's made it through 1500 posts without being banned, but that won't last. send an email to the administrators here asking to have him banned:
[email protected]

HomeGuru

teflon_jones said:
well, now you're on my ignore list too. i've noticed your advice is worth about as much as his is (maybe less...)! i get the last laugh again!!!!! :p

**A: ok, and please return the favor by putting us ALL on your ignore list and leave this website.

Happy Trails

HomeGuru said:
**A: ok, and please return the favor by putting us ALL on your ignore list and leave this website.
Just wanted to relay your last message.

Teflon, you still aren't using proper capitalization rules....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">