• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

To cancel an employment contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Juan Montoya

What is the name of your state?To whom it may concern,

I have an emergency teaching credential. I have been teaching for 4 weeks now, but I am considering quitting my job; this is my first year as a teacher. After 4 weeks I have realized I will not be able to survive economically with what I make (about $2000) after deductions. Do you know what would be the consequences of canceling my employment contract? My one page contract does not mention anything regarding canceling a contract. Thanks.

Juan C. Montoya

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
No one here can tell you what penalties may apply. You will need to take your contract to a local attorney. (Many have free or low cost consultations.) S/He will be able to tell you what, if any, penalties would attach.

BTW, are you 100% certain that what you have is a contract? You wouldn't be the first person to mistake an employment offer letter for a contract.

BelizeBreeze

By the way CBG, the state is California. At least that's what he put in his post from YESTERDAY, when his excuse for wanting to get out of the contract was he couldn't live on what it paid.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">