• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Reasonable time to present case?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TLWE

What is the name of your state? LA

On 9-13-04 I was granted a Temporary Restraining Order against a former friend for telephone harassment and threats of physical violence. Court for Permanent Restraining Order is 9-23-04.

I was advised by the detective who is handling the harassment charge against her and by the court clerk to be very detailed when I go before the judge to explain why I feel the Permanent Restraining Order is necessary.

What is considered the normal amount of time when I present my statement to the judge? I want to fully explain the situation, but I don't want to try the judge's patience or have him snoozing! TIA

JETX

TLWE said:
What is considered the normal amount of time when I present my statement to the judge?
Give the facts in a brief, detailed concise matter. Do NOT ramble. Unless overly detailed, shouldn't take more than 5 minutes or so.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">