• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

eBay online car purchase gone bad, NEED ADVICE :(

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

Greerman123

:mad: undefinedPennsylvania is the state. I bought the car in New Jersey ok. I bought it off of ebay, went up to check it out the first time with a friend, liked the car, went back to buy it 2 weeks later and noticed some things wrong with the car on the way home. I did happen to sign forms while i was there, and you may call me an idiot for not checking the car before hand. The TITLE AND BILL OF SALE ARE NOT SIGNED BY ME OR MY MOM so i wanted to take the car back to the private seller and get my money back. I was wondering if somebody could offer me some legal advice on what i should do and what actions to take and if i can get my money back. If you need any information or want to know more, please feel free to email me at [email protected] and ill go ahead and answer your emails and go ahead and give you my cell phone number. Please someone help me, i spent 5 grand on this car and just to pass inspection it needs a grand of work. Thank you all for viewing!!!

Dan

You Are Guilty

Dan, google up "caveat emptor" and you'll have your answers.

I suggest learning how to do the work it needs yourself - it will save you a ton of money in general, not just for this car.

G

Greerman123

Hey

Well my real question is, not what i could have done to prevent this, but i can do now. Yes, i was an idiot to buy a car like that, not just off of eBay but in general. The real question at hand here is the legal advice i need. Can anyone tell me what i can do legally to get my money back? I mean i live in PA and i bought the car in Jersey so can i get my money back? I never signed the bill of sale or title., that was all susposed to be done back here in PA. Thanks everyone for looking.

Dan

JETX

Greerman123 said:
The TITLE AND BILL OF SALE ARE NOT SIGNED BY ME OR MY MOM so i wanted to take the car back to the private seller and get my money back.
There is no requirement that you (or mum) sign the bill of sale. Nor would the failure to sign them allow you to waive or rescind the contract. They are completely different and separate things.

The ONLY chance you have of getting out of this deal is..... if you are under 18 years of age.
If older (and thereby an adult, legally able to enter contracts), you are SOL.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">