• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Injured in Accident - My car was rear-ended!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

10dulkar

What is the name of your state? Maryland

Hi

2 months back while driving on the interstate, i was rear-ended by a car. that car was further rear-ended by another car so i got hit twice. anyway my head hit the steering wheel and i had a minor cut. the cops came and took down our details and then i went to the emergency care center. they told me nothing serious, cleaned the wound and asked me not to worry. since then the other guys insurance company has paid me for all damages to my car and also pad me $750 to cover me missing 1/2 day at work and also doctor fees etc. i havent yet cashed the $750 check and here's why:

the injury on my head although minor has left a scar and it has been 2 months and the scar hasnt gone yet...doesnt look it is ever going to go. it is right in the middle of my forehead. my question is what recourse do i have? can i take legal action against the person who hit me? against the doctor?

thanks in advance for any advice!

10dulkar

yes the paperwork said full and final settlement but i have not signed that yet. basically the check and the paperwork is with me but i have not done anything with it.

thanks

BelizeBreeze

Then why did you not take all of your stuff to a personal injury attorney and let them handle it? It may be too late at this point and you have absolutely no case against the doctor based on your post.

10dulkar

see the reality is that i was not badly injured and did not want to hassle someone needlessly. but now its almost 2 months and the scar is still very prominent and am definitely unhappy with the situation at the current moment. i could not have known a month back that my wound will not heal completely. also curious as to why you are saying i may not have a case. its less than 2 months, the police report notes that i have a head injury and i have not claimed a single cent yet for any of my medical costs.

thanks a lot for your responses.

BelizeBreeze

And would you like to point to where I said you don't have a case? I'll wait until you find that exact quote in my response.

Awww hell, I don't like waiting. I said, you have no case "AGAINST THE DOCTOR". Or was he/she drunk? Was the doctor working with their eyes closed?

You received care for an auto accident injury and barring negligence, you have nothing.

The reason I said it may be too late is that no attorney worth a damn likes to come in at the end of such a case. But, it's your right to do as you wish. i'm not going to waste my time arguing. Either cash the check and live with the scar or don't cash it and sue everyone.

The end result will be the same. You'll be broke in a month or two and still have the scar.

Last edited:

10dulkar

BelizeBreeze said:
And would you like to point to where I said you don't have a case? I'll wait until you find that exact quote in my response.

Awww hell, I don't like waiting. I said, you have no case "AGAINST THE DOCTOR". Or was he/she drunk? Was the doctor working with their eyes closed?

You received care for an auto accident injury and barring negligence, you have nothing.

The reason I said it may be too late is that no attorney worth a damn likes to come in at the end of such a case. But, it's your right to do as you wish. i'm not going to waste my time arguing. Either cash the check and live with the scar or don't cash it and sue everyone.

The end result will be the same. You'll be broke in a month or two and still have the scar.
man someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning...

you ask me to point out where you said that i dont have a case...well i am not sure about you, but when i hear...'you may be too late...' it sounds to me like you are saying - i dont have a case...atleast any sane person with a basic knowledge of the english language would come to the same conclusion as i did...but honestly you dont sound too sane to me...

also i am a member of atleast 5-6 forums and you seem to have forgotten the first basic rule of a forum - to provide advice/help/suggestion and so on...if you have to be so rude...why bother answering...move on...i am sure there are people dying to get some 'friendly advice' from you...

you said you are not going to waste your time arguing...well thank god for small mercies coz before this particular post i am not sure anyone else was arguing other than you...

anyway if your response is a reflection of this forum, then i am glad i dont come here often...although, hold on...i am sure you are just one bad apple in this otherwise friendly forum...

have a nice day...if you can...

Last edited:
i would contact an attorney if i were you. it can't hurt to ask if they would take your case or not. but you'll never know unless you ask. 2 months is a wee slow to get the ball rolling, but you still have time (i think the statute of limitations is 2 yrs in MD).

BelizeBreeze

10dulkar said:
man someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning...

you ask me to point out where you said that i dont have a case...well i am not sure about you, but when i hear...'you may be too late...' it sounds to me like you are saying - i dont have a case...atleast any sane person with a basic knowledge of the english language would come to the same conclusion as i did...but honestly you dont sound too sane to me...

also i am a member of atleast 5-6 forums and you seem to have forgotten the first basic rule of a forum - to provide advice/help/suggestion and so on...if you have to be so rude...why bother answering...move on...i am sure there are people dying to get some 'friendly advice' from you...

you said you are not going to waste your time arguing...well thank god for small mercies coz before this particular post i am not sure anyone else was arguing other than you...

anyway if your response is a reflection of this forum, then i am glad i dont come here often...although, hold on...i am sure you are just one bad apple in this otherwise friendly forum...

have a nice day...if you can...
you wait until the insurance company has issued a check then you want to know what to do? Who's the idiot. And to top it off, you want to sue the doctor who cared for you because of a scar the doctor had nothing to do with?

No attorney except the one running behind the ambulance will touch a case like this because it's financially a loss for them.

As for me, I'm not the one pissing and moaning about a scar. So get off the soapbox.

10dulkar

ok...i will try to be reasonable with you....because i am sitting here laughing at you...why are you so uptight!!! what is your problem in life!!!

anyway lets see if you can understand some basic logic...

'you wait until the insurance company has issued a check then you want to know what to do...'
i got a small scar on my forehead...i did not think much of it and i dont like sueing people for the fun of it...but now 2 months later since the scar is still there i am a little concerned...there is no way i could have known 1 1/2 months back that it would turn out to be a permanent scar!!! comprehendo???

'you want to sue the doctor who cared for you...'
again reason for this - why is it that a small injury has left a permanent scar? could it be that i should have received stitches and i didnt because of the doctor's negligence!!! not sueing the doctor! not crying about the scar! just asking...last time, i checked that wasnt a crime!!!

couple of final points

its less that 2 months!!! its not like i am coming 2yrs later and trying to make some money here!!!!!!!

'I'm not the one pissing and moaning...'
hahhhaaaaaaaaha - believe me you are!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">