• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Subfloors- common structure or individual element

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nusias9

What is the name of your state?New Jersey

I could not determine from my CCR's if our sub-floors are considered individual elements.

Let me define sub-floors: Supporting/plywood surface on which my hardwood floors were installed. If one were to remove this plywood it would expose support beams and the sheet rock of the unit below. Or in a basement unit it would expose concrete and/or support beams.

Water damage has in addition to all my other problems damaged this portion of our unit. Each unit has a sub-floor on which there carpet and/or hardwood floor were installed. Unit owner's are responsible for the wood or carpet portion, but does the term "floor" include the plywood which supports your floor covering.

I would like to thank HG for all his advise in my previous post...:)

Last edited:

HomeGuru

nusias9 said:
What is the name of your state?New Jersey

I could not determine from my CCR's if our sub-floors are considered individual elements.

Let me define sub-floors: Supporting/plywood surface on which my hardwood floors were installed. If one were to remove this plywood it would expose support beams and the sheet rock of the unit below. Or in a basement unit it would expose concrete and/or support beams.

Water damage has in addition to all my other problems damaged this portion of our unit. Each unit has a sub-floor on which there carpet and/or hardwood floor were installed. Unit owner's are responsible for the wood or carpet portion, but does the term "floor" include the plywood which supports your floor covering.

I would like to thank HG for all his advise in my previous post...:)
**A: post the CC&R's with respect to the language covering common areas/elements and limited common areas/elements.

nusias9

Hi Again,

Thanks anyway. I had to read that section about 50 times. It's rather long and confusing. However, if it encloses the unit it's individual. The beams that support the plywood are common.

Thank goodness the majority of damage has happened to those beams!!!!!!

I finially got a break :)

FYI- we do have insurance ...but they said the claim would be rejected. I filed anyway.

HomeGuru

nusias9 said:
Hi Again,

Thanks anyway. I had to read that section about 50 times. It's rather long and confusing. However, if it encloses the unit it's individual. The beams that support the plywood are common.

Thank goodness the majority of damage has happened to those beams!!!!!!

I finially got a break :)

FYI- we do have insurance ...but they said the claim would be rejected. I filed anyway.

**A: ok, good luck to you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">