• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What's the rule to total car in NC

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

ncguy

What is the name of your state? North Carolina

I had an accident and my Car's worth is around $12000. I have heard that if car's frame is damaged or repair cost is more than 75%, the car can be totalled.

How far is this true ? or does anybody know any rules for totaling the car in NC?

Thanks in advance

im in ga but they will total a vehicle if the repair is more than the car is worth. however if you can find someone to fix your car for the amount (or under) the insurance company will cover then you can repair your car. i personally wouldn't recommend it if you have frame damage, air bags deployed and such. it's best to go ahead an get a new car with less problems.

i was in a car accident on 8/21/2004 and they totaled my 2001 honda accord b/c the airbags deployed, my suspension was crushed in, my alloy was cracked in half and some of my frame was damaged (this was all on the driver's side).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">