• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is it a misdemeanor or not? Alcohol laws...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

AZagent

What is the name of your state? WI

Hi. I recently moved down to Arizona from Wisconsin. I am currently in the process of obtaining my Real Estate license, and I have some questions. We have to disclose to the RE dept. any felonies or misdemeanors within the last 10 years.

In the summer of 2001, I was camping in the WI northwoods. One of the people that were with us, was drinking underage when some of us were away from the campsite. Well later, the warden came to our site, and busted the girl for drinking underage. I took the blame for buying all of the alcohol(I was 21 at the time), and got a ticket for "procurement of alcohol". I decided I was going to fight it in court. I got there on the court date, and they told me if I pretty much had a lose lose situation, and offered me a plea bargain to plead no contest, and all I would have to do is pay the $80 court cost. Now is this fine that I got, where I was not required to go to court a misdemeanor?

Also, I got an underage drinking fine when I was 20. Is this a misdemeanor?

Also, does anyone know of a free website I can go look on that shows everything on my record from the stuff I listed, down to speeding tickets?

Thanks for the help.

ptlmejo

No, procurement of alcohol is not a misdemeanor unless it's 2nd offense or greater. Also, underage drinking is not a misdemeanor.

The website you're looking for is CCAP. Just pop your name and DOB in there and it will tell you any and all court actions involving you.

A

AZagent

Thanks for the help.

1 more question though...Since it is not a misdemeanor...what is the "title" or "designation"(for lack of a better term(s)) if it is not felony or misdemeanor. Just curious. Thanks again.

A

AZagent

Hmmm...I looked at that site, and on my record it says "sell alcohol to minor", even though we were at a camp site, and they just drank the alcohol I bought...is that the same thing?

ptlmejo

The statute actually reads give, sell, dispense, etc. It's a catch all.

And, it's actually classified as a civil forfeiture.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">