• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Police Officer related to Boys who raped My daughter

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rascal1

What is the name of your state? Texas

My 14 yr old daughter was raped in school during school hours.
See more detail in FAMILY LAW > Domestic Violence & Abuse > Help, Rape In School!!!!!!!!!

The da is now stating to drop the case.

Just was informed by county police officer that that school officer that was in control of investigation, arrest, DNA dilivery and everything is some how related to the boys that did this.

Not to fact trouble in da's office of charges someone place on them.

They state not enough evidance. We know there is enough (tape, we know there has to be DNA she was ripped in both places and and lots of blood, two girls reported it. and ect)

Officer willing to talk to lawyers but what kinda of lawyer do I need and money is a issue.

Can we go to higher court? This can not be dropped. They can not go free.

rmet4nzkx

Now you have this information call your local bar association and ask to be referred to an attorney tell them the nature of the case and they should refer you to someone and you will ask to sue civilly on contingency. If you have a strong case they will take it or ask for a referal. Most likely as you have stated your suit will be against the school, possibly against what ever entities are also liable and the boys/their families. That will not necessiarly get the DA to act, however if the school officer is related they will be under pressure to act. Have you made a complaint to internal affairs? Although it may seem to be a strong criminal case against the boys, if the evidence was mishandled it may make it difficult for them to pursue criminal charges or they may have things you don't know that keep them from acting, or not. I still suggest that you contact a TV station as an investigation will put on more pressure especially if there is a conflict of interest.

R

rascal1

rmet4nzkx said:
sue civilly on contingency.
What is this?

rmet4nzkx said:
Have you made a complaint to internal affairs?
Who are they?

Also what kind of lawyer would I start looking for or ask for. What kind of field for the lawyer?

rmet4nzkx

rascal1 said:
What is this?
Contingency means that the attorney takes the case at no cost to you and they get paid a percentage of the settlement or judgement, the amount varies from firm to firm and depending on if you settle out of court or go to trial, these are things that will be in what ever contract you sign. They won't do it if they don't think they will win or if their practice is not suited or able to take on such a case, in which case you should ask for a referral. Also ask friends for a referral.

Who are they? Internal affairs is a part of the police department that investigates misconduct, irregularities, or complaints from the public.

Also what kind of lawyer would I start looking for or ask for. What kind of field for the lawyer?
There might be several types of attorneys, ask the bar association.

R

rascal1

We don't want any money we just don't want them to go free and unpunished.

The police is the school police and the officer is the chief. so what atternal affairs do I go to. Do I contact the county it is a county officer that knows this information of her being related.

<Bill>

You may want to contact some womans group like "NOW" (National Organization of Women) they are basically a powerful public relations weapon. This whole situation as you described stinks to high heaven and big media and woman right organizations should attack this injustice and improprieties like sharks in a blood frenzy.

http://www.now.org/general.html

Medical & Legal Information & Support, Evidence Collection, Emergency Financial Assistance
http://abc.eznettools.net/D302506/X329849/index.html

Even though you don't want money fear of a big monetary judgment scares the hell out public school and law Enforcement officials and motivates lawyers to work on a contingency (that means they only get paid if they win)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">