• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Not at fault but still problem...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Microsoft Fess

What is the name of your state? New York

Hello,

A driver backed into my car a couple of days ago. Car is in my dads name because I cannot get license (long story).

The driver at fault took all info on my registration, no cops or police report. The driver at fault thinks I'm my father because he is the only listed driver on the policy.

But I was the driver (no license & not on policy).

What happens if the insurence companies find out I lied and said it was my dad driving and not me in regards to the law, insurance, and prision?

thanks

you don't have a contract with the state because you don't have a driver's liscense therefore the only thing they can do is fine you. so you better hope they don't find out

Microsoft Fess

stephenk, jpritchett81

Thank you for responding.

does your dad agree to go along with your fraud?
His choice is limited, I paid $20,000 for the car, paid for him to get his license, pay the insurace every month, pay to keep it garaged....could go on an on.

you don't have a contract with the state because you don't have a driver's liscense therefore the only thing they can do is fine you. so you better hope they don't find out
Fine me? Hmmmm.

Can you advise me on the degree of the fine. Is it in dollars or something else. And if so, how much?

My car is my outlet. I work and study very, very hard. Don't want to loose it.....

thelizzy

So you're driving a car without a license and technically without insurance, since all of this is under your dad's name, not yours?

You're asking for it, buddy. Really asking for it.

What's going to happen when you get into an accident that is YOUR fault, and your Dad says, "Hell no, I'm not taking the heat for you!"

Then what are you going to do?

Microsoft Fess

You're asking for it, buddy. Really asking for it.
Yes, doing this since 2001. But sometimes you've gotta break the rules.

Be advised, I'm no law breaker nor do I condone breaking the law. As I said, the car is the only outlet I have.

The car has 8301 miles.

Don't drive it much. And when it is driven, I'm driving like an old lady.

Never a ticket, never a accident.

Can you please give your opinion in regards to fines?

Thanks

thelizzy

Microsoft Fess said:
Yes, doing this since 2001. But sometimes you've gotta break the rules.

Be advised, I'm no law breaker nor do I condone breaking the law. As I said, the car is the only outlet I have.

The car has 8301 miles.

Don't drive it much. And when it is driven, I'm driving like an old lady.

Never a ticket, never a accident.

Thanks
By saying just that, you are a lawbreaker. Everytime you get into that car, start it, and drive off you are BREAKING THE LAW because you don't have insurance or a license. And don't say "but my dad has it". That is HIS. You need your OWN.

As to the fines or what the insurance companies say, I don't know, because I'm not the insurance company. Why don't you ask them? Oh wait, because if you did, then they would know you are committing insurance fraud.

BelizeBreeze

Microsoft Fess said:

Thanks
Sure, worry about the fines. In the meantime your insurance company won't do diddly for you. It's called insurance fraud and that's a little more than a fine.

When the state gets through with you then the insurance company will get theirs. And not just from you but from dear old dad.

You're a piece of crap you know that don't you?

thelizzy

Oh, I see why you don't have insurance.

It's because you're living in this country ILLEGALLY.

Last edited:

You Are Guilty

If you weren't driving the car when it was hit, you'll be fine.

If you were in it, even if it was temporarily stopped, see above replies.

MandyD

Each time you get behind the wheel of your car and drive, you are a lawbreaker. Wake up and realize that.

The fines that go with being an unlicensed driver depends on why you don't have a license. The following are the fines for driving with an expired license in NY State.

http://www.nydmv.state.ny.us/license.htm#about

If you use an expired driver license to drive and you get a traffic ticket, you will receive fines and penalties.

60 days or less after the expiration date: a fine of $25 to $40, plus state and local surcharges.
60 days or more after the expiration date: a fine of $75 to $300, plus state and local surcharges.

You can count on those fines being considerably more if the reason you are unlicensed is because your license was suspended or revoked, not to mention the possibility of jail time.

While in NY State, the car is insured, not the driver, you can bet your bottom dollar that if and when the insurance company finds out that you've been defrauding them, you'll be dropped like a hot potato and if you happen to be in an at fault accident, you're screwed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">