• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I Win?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

ashu1111

What is the name of your state? Nebraska

I was involved in a car accident over a year and I recently found out the person I rear ended has sued me for over $1300 in damages to his 1998 Ford F150. My insurance company estimates the damages to be about $400 and sent this guy a check but he returned it. All the repair shops in the area also say that $400 estimate is right and I have proof saying this. This guy refused to talk to the insurance people for over a year (i have proof of this as well) and now has sued me in small claims court. Can I win this case?

BL

It may depend. If he can bring the mechanic that backs up the $1300.00 estimate for repairs , to testify the rear end crash caused more damage that was unseen to the insurance adjuster , then possibly.

If he can't prove it, then the judge will most likely rule in your favor .

JETX

ashu1111 said:
Can I win this case?
Based solely on your post, probably not. The fact remains, the driver who rear-ends another is usually found at fault. The only real issue is... how much damages will the other driver win. Simply, present your evidence of the value and let the court decide.

One other thing.... since your post says you have insurance, simply notify YOUR insurance company of the lawsuit. They will provide an attorney for you as part of YOUR policy.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">