• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Violent Crime, and V.O.P.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

BillE101484

What is the name of your state? New York

April of this year, my best friend says that I went into his house and assaulted him... Then two month's later, detectives come in my house and arrest me on warrant's that I didnt know I had Brought me to the county jail (Monroe County)... After the first night there, I was brought in front of a judge to be arraigned on the Violation Of Probation charge... I spent two more night's before they let me go and another town came and picked me up (Irondequoit) to be arraigned on the charges against my best friend (Assault 3rd, and Criminal Mischeif 4th)... I have been going to court since June of this year... And on Monday (September 20th) I have to put either a guilty or not guilty plea in...
The district Attorney is offering a one for two, which means that if I plead guilty, I would only be charged with one of the charges in Irondequoit... But then also charged for the Violation of probation...

~I was not questioned on any of these charges, so i don't know how good everything would hold up in court for the legal system... The public defender that I have does not communicate with me at all on any of these matter's, so at this point, I have absolutely no clue what charge they want me to plead to...

~I have been in contact with the guy who pressed the charges, because as far as I know, there is no restraining order... And he say's that he will drop the charges... But i'm not sure if the court's will accept that...

On the part about my psych evaluation's: My probation officer made me go to one of the pyschiatrist's in the probation building... She said that I was not manic-depressive, and stated, 'I don't know why any other doctor's diagnosed you with anything at all'...
I went for another psychiatrict evaluation on July 27th of this year... I was then diagnosed with 'Axis I, Bipolar Disorder', and 'Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder'...
I wanted to know, was that if that would be relevant in the court room...

Thank You

Last edited:

Shay-Pari'e

BillE101484 said:
What is the name of your state? New York

Ok... I was arrested on warrant's that I didnt know that I had, by my probation office... I was arraigned on a Violation Of Probation, and brought to another court for two other charges, Assault 3rd, and Criminal Mischeif 4th... Now, when all of this had happened... The psychiatrist at my probation office had released me of all of my 'mental diseases', including Bipolar Disorder and all of my medication stopped... And I went to another psychiatrist a month or so ago, and got re-evaluated and am now once again Axis one Bipolar... In which I need medication... So what I guess i'm wondering is that, I have a public defender, and she want's me to plea out to just one for the both of them, and then I also get time for the violation of probation... But if probation took away my medical record, and said that I did not need to take medication, and that she didnt know how they could even consider me ADHD... If that would play a role if I brought it to trial, also that I was never questioned about the incident... And i'm not blaming it all on being manic, but it plays a big role... I just need some advice on it... Thanks...

You need to make sense in your post, but thanks for the laugh.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">