• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

drinking age question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

aktinup

What is the name of your state? ny

can you buy alcohol the day before your 21st birthday. ex: my birthday is 9/18, can i buy alcohol 9/17. i have heard this before and am just curious to know if it's true or not.

HomeGuru

aktinup said:
What is the name of your state? ny

can you buy alcohol the day before your 21st birthday. ex: my birthday is 9/18, can i buy alcohol 9/17. i have heard this before and am just curious to know if it's true or not.
**A: yes you can, if the establishment is stupid enough to sell it to you and of course it would be illegal to sell or to buy.

A

aktinup

that's what i thought but i was just curious. thanx for the info. :)

A

aktinup

Quote:
Originally Posted by aktinup
that's what i thought but i was just curious. thanx for the info.

**A: why would you want to drink anyway?

does that answer your question?

HomeGuru

aktinup said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by aktinup
that's what i thought but i was just curious. thanx for the info.

**A: why would you want to drink anyway?

does that answer your question?

**A: no...............

sailboats

I couldn't help but notice the answer to this was incorrect. It depends on your state because alcohol is regulated by state and local governments not the federal government (unless you are a producer). But in relevance to this question I know for a fact in the state of Virginia you may buy the day before your 21st birthday and being that they are all state alcohol beverage control(ABC) stores they scan your drivers license for identification. So check with your state's ABC and see. To everyone that immediately replied no to this question please stop making hasty responses to questions you don't know the answer to. I'm not a lawyer but law isn't always a yes or no question and to have people treat it as such is just ignorant.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Then of course you will be able to post a link to the law that says so, right?

The Occultist

I couldn't help but notice the answer to this was incorrect. It depends on your state because alcohol is regulated by state and local governments not the federal government (unless you are a producer). But in relevance to this question I know for a fact in the state of Virginia you may buy the day before your 21st birthday and being that they are all state alcohol beverage control(ABC) stores they scan your drivers license for identification. So check with your state's ABC and see. To everyone that immediately replied no to this question please stop making hasty responses to questions you don't know the answer to. I'm not a lawyer but law isn't always a yes or no question and to have people treat it as such is just ignorant.
You realize the thread you posted in is like 5.5 years old, right?

Anyways, while true that alcohol laws are state regulated, if they don't follow certain federal guidelines, then they lose out on certain payouts from the federal government, so you'll find that the states will tend to do what fed wants anyways in this regard.

Isis1

how about you not resurrect SIX YEAR OLD THREADS? huh?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">