• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

friend in coma

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

needLEGITadvice

What is the name of your state? PA

My friend started a fight with me when we were out partying over the weekend. He hit me first and when I hit him back I knocked him out. When he hit the ground he hit his head on the pavement. He is currently in a "drug induced" coma. What should I do to protect myself since this was accidental and i was defending my self? thanks.

HomeGuru

needLEGITadvice said:
What is the name of your state? PA

My friend started a fight with me when we were out partying over the weekend. He hit me first and when I hit him back I knocked him out. When he hit the ground he hit his head on the pavement. He is currently in a "drug induced" coma. What should I do to protect myself since this was accidental and i was defending my self? thanks.

**A: I think you should move to Mexico under an assumed alias.

teflon_jones

Have the police files charges against you yet? Because that may be coming. I'd retain the services of a lawyer if I were you to protect myself.

HomeGuru

teflon_jones said:
Have the police files charges against you yet? Because that may be coming. I'd retain the services of a lawyer if I were you to protect myself.

**A: and why would YOU need to be protected? Oh yeah, I forgot.

gryndor

needLEGITadvice said:
does anyone have any technical advice :confused:
I'm sorry, I don't think anyone here helps agressors who make really stupid decisions. It's your fault your "friend" is in a coma. Did walking away from him even occur to you? :eek:

Gryn

N

needLEGITadvice

i did walk away after he slapped me the first time. but when he came back at me and i pushed him away he punched me. and i dont care what you say because many people in my shoes would have hit him back. i was protecting myself

Happy Trails

needLEGITadvice said:
i did walk away after he slapped me the first time. but when he came back at me and i pushed him away he punched me. and i dont care what you say because many people in my shoes would have hit him back. i was protecting myself
Were there any witnesses?

ellencee

needLEGITadvice
You were not protecting yourself; you were retaliating. There is huge difference. Protecting yourself means running away, seeking help; retaliating means punching him back and that is what you did.

I know you are afraid of prosecution and/or being held liable for his medical expenses and other damages. You are wise to be afraid. If he dies, you may find yourself in prison for a long, long time. If he lives, you may be paying him for a long, long time.

EC

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">