• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

One Accident - Two accounts of the same

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

InsuranceHelp

What is the name of your state?NJ

A person hit my car in a parking lot and as per the laws in NJ, police do not investigate what happens on private property.

The incident --> the person who hit me was taking left turn at reasonably high speed and hit my car on the driver side. The impact was at the middle of the two side doors ( Honda CRV) and his passenger side front corner. There were no stop / yield sign as it was a parking lot.

He offered to cover for the damage but later refused to do so. I went to his insurance company. Now his insurance company has come back saying that they have two versions. His version is that I was behind him and hit him as he was taking a left turn.

Since they have two versions, they are unable to decide. What surprises me is that the fact that he was turning left should have proved he is guilty. Was he not supposed to yield? I am the one going straight.

Please help me how I can strengthen my case?

Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">