• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fringe Benefit - Reimbursement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cenzo

What is the name of your state? Massachusetts

I just started working for a company with headquarters in Georgia and work at a client company in Massachusetts. My company provides a service under the same name and dept. number to the client (CA based) at facilities in MA and CA. My HR dept. in MA tells me that a company benefit - reimbursement ( a weekly stipend for uniform maintenance) is only for those working in CA as defined in a contract between my company and the client company. ( Both MA and CA facilities require the wearing of uniforms.)

Is this legal ?

JETX

cenzo said:
Is this legal ?
Yep, done all the time. An employer often has different policies (compensation, hours, holidays, etc.) for employees in different locations.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">