• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Confused!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Galsal

Sexual Conduct?

What is the name of your state? Florida although the event occurred while in Virginia

Can this be a sexual conduct charge? Son tells me that while on a trip to another state as part of his schools portion of a state delegation team to a national event, he and a girl from another part of the state did some touchy-feely play. Apparently now she's saying this occurred without her consent. Son was told by the teacher who was the chaperone that it is being looked into and that the girl may be going for some legal issues.

Knowing this, I sincerely doubt Son would lie at this point. He is adamant there was no oral or sexual intercourse of any kind. Son states the touching was only of the breast. Also, at some day later the girl saw Son with a different girl so I'm thinking she's just wanting to cause trouble. This occurred in late July and is only now being brought up. He hasn't called her either, so it's not like he ignored her. He did tell his roomate during the convention about what had transpired but that won't help much since it would only be hearsay.

What in the world could he possibly be charged with? He's 16 and she's 14.

Still in the early stages here but want to check things out.

Thanks

Last edited:

ptlmejo

Just breezing over this, is she really going to drive to Florida to report this?

Furthermore, if Florida would decide to pursue this, do you really think they'll issue an extraditable juvenile warrant for the arrest of a 16 year old?

I would guess no to both questions, but I've been wrong in the past.

Galsal

The girl does live in Florida. The event occurred in Richmond, VA. He was at a National Classic Junior League Convention. No matter what the outcome, he most likely will not be allowed to attend Nationals this summer because of all of this. The league is looking into this as well.

According to Son, there were other people around who saw them being all huggy and kissy face to the point they would have noticed if she had been visibly upset.

Of course I don't believe there would be any extradition. I have concerns as a parent. For now, I'm taking a wait and see approach to this. I have spoken with his Dad about it and we agree.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">