• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

co-op contract advise needed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lisabsmo

What is the name of your state?Missouri
I live in a mixed co-op unit. Meaning 66 units out of 250 are for people who require government assistance to be here. I'm one of the 66, however rent fluctuates here for everyone. Allot of tenants are upset, and are requesting a board meeting due to some disturbing revolations regarding everyones contract. more than 10% of the residents (some who have been here for years) have been made to continue their rent payments along with utility payments upon moving from the co-op untill their dwelling is then rented to another tenant, making this to be a very difficult process in the purchase of a house or rent anywhere else. For us 66 government subsidized units, we to will carry this burden if we decide to move, only the rent amount will be lifted to the fair market houseing amount. Therefore trapping us here. This information was not disclosed to us untill we had already signed an occupancy agreement, and handed a 3 ring binder full of all sorts of information, requirements, rules and so on. We are unable to copy this info and forbidden to show its contents to anyone or serious consequences will follow. The meeting is scheduled for 9-28-04 7:00pm cst. My concern and questions are , is this legal, can you give any information to help our tenants to be more informed and educated about the matter before going to the board, who will undoubtedley have an answer for every question or comment. Your help, advise, expertise, or refferal would be grealtley appreciated.
Thank You,
Lisabsmo

HomeGuru

lisabsmo said:
What is the name of your state?Missouri
I live in a mixed co-op unit. Meaning 66 units out of 250 are for people who require government assistance to be here. I'm one of the 66, however rent fluctuates here for everyone. Allot of tenants are upset, and are requesting a board meeting due to some disturbing revolations regarding everyones contract. more than 10% of the residents (some who have been here for years) have been made to continue their rent payments along with utility payments upon moving from the co-op untill their dwelling is then rented to another tenant, making this to be a very difficult process in the purchase of a house or rent anywhere else. For us 66 government subsidized units, we to will carry this burden if we decide to move, only the rent amount will be lifted to the fair market houseing amount. Therefore trapping us here. This information was not disclosed to us untill we had already signed an occupancy agreement, and handed a 3 ring binder full of all sorts of information, requirements, rules and so on. We are unable to copy this info and forbidden to show its contents to anyone or serious consequences will follow. The meeting is scheduled for 9-28-04 7:00pm cst. My concern and questions are , is this legal, can you give any information to help our tenants to be more informed and educated about the matter before going to the board, who will undoubtedley have an answer for every question or comment. Your help, advise, expertise, or refferal would be grealtley appreciated.
Thank You,
Lisabsmo
**A: your post is in the wrong forum. Repost in the Landlord Tenant Law forum.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">