• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Insurance company is hassling need help urgent!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

California Farmer's Insurance

I've been with Farmers insurance California under my father for about 5 years maybe more. I recently split and went on my own. Anyways my point is that I've been with the same company since the first day I have my driver license. Throughout the course of time I've been involved in 1 accident @ fautl in 98. I can't remember all but I remember having to file multiple claims on my insurance in the past. But only the one time in 98 I was at fault then a time it was by a hit and run driver and maybe twice for vandalism. In June while I was on vacation my car was vandalised again. My insurance company dragged it till now. last month I was called in for an investigation so i came and for the interview. Today ir ecieved a letter from a lawer for another investigation and it stated that I can have a lawyer present if I wanted to. I'm not too familiar with these kind of things. Should I get a lawyer? What's this all about? When I was questioned they tried to put it as if I did the vandalism myself. What are some of the action I should do?

On a side note on one of my claim I got the guy's driver license and all the required information. It was a company's vehicle "Rotten Rotors" later I was told that the driver didn't have insurance and that I would have to file the claim against my own insurance. Shouldn't they go after the company for the claim? They basically said they're going to refund my deductable etc. but I've never seen anything. I'm very upset and confused and I need all the help I can get. I have limited income hence hiring a lawyer would drive my broke.

Last edited:

JETX

dannieboiz said:
What's this all about?
Come on!!! Do you really expect us to KNOW what this meeting between you and insurance company is about???
Sorry, but my crystal ball is still in the shop!!

When I was questioned they tried to put it as if I did the vandalism myself. What are some of the action I should do?
Then it sounds like you may be suspected of insurance fraud.

On a side note on one of my claim I got the guy's driver license and all the required information. It was a company's vehicle "Rotten Rotors" later I was told that the driver didn't have insurance and that I would have to file the claim against my own insurance. Shouldn't they go after the company for the claim?
They might, or might not, depending on their investigation into the full facts and the chance of recovery from the other driver. Pay the deductible and let your uninsured motorist coverage fix your car.

They basically said they're going to refund my deductable etc. but I've never seen anything.
In the unlikely chance that they recover from the other driver, they will refund your deductible to you. If they don't, they don't.

usually how long can they drag this to? Each time they do this I have to take time off work besides I also have school as well. I can't afford to miss too much of either. it's obvious that they think I'm trying to screw them. Is it wise to have a lawyer represent me or should I just have them say what ever they want.

stephenk

For the 5 years you have been with Farmers Insurance, how many claims have you made? How many for vandalism?

stephenk

you are about a claim a year. Farmers Insurance and most other carriers will be looking at you more closely because of your active claims history.

It is unusual to have 3 vandalism claims in such a short period of time. Why? Because vandalism claims result in the car being repaired and repainted. Some people make such claims to keep their car looking new.

actually there was once vandalism and once stolen which result of total lost there was another time when my car got keyed but I never reported it. It's been on 2 different vehicles. I was first insured since 96 or 97 can't remember so it's actually been 7 or 8 years since I've been with them. They brought me in this little room and questioned me like a criminal with recordings and cameras shooting @ me. they're only good at collecting money but when it's time to pay up they always fuss about it. They wouldn't allow me to have a 500 deductible because I share the policy with my father and he's gotten into a few accidents.When I split off last year on my own they considered that to be under me as well so I'm still @ 1k deductible. My car was stolen last feb or march bought a new car in probably june or july 1 year later it's messed up again. Was told that it's probably totaled as well cause these kids poured sands in my engine.

I was reading over the letter they sent to me and they called it" taking an examination under oath" they want me to find documents of my cliaims in the last 5 years and who I've been insured with etc.. What if I don't have those things? I never keep any of my documents. What if they just don't feel like paying me and doing all these things to accuse me just so they don't have to pay me can they do that?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">