• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

insurance claim problem

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bowlbyx

What is the name of your state?oklahoma

ok, heres the deal, i was making a right turn, a very wide right turn and crossed the yellow line on a 4 lane street. a red car, slammed on his brakes, i moved out of his way, then he slammed on his brakes agian, doing so a grey car hit him from behind. the cops came took my insurance verification, and gave it to the drivers of the other car. the other drivers filed a claim agianst my insurance company. question: even though i caused the red car to slam on his brakes, am i responsible for the damages to his car and the gray car? and why would the police give the other cars my insurance information if i wasnt involved in a actual accident? is this all legal? and what do i do if my insurance company (farmer's) actually pays for this claim? :confused:

stephenk

you contributed to the cause of the accident by cutting across the center line and forcing the red car to make an emergency stop. the gray car is at fault for not maintaining a proper distance from the red car.

if your insurance decides to settle the claim, you really have no say in the matter except to request that your fault assessment be less than 50% so your rates will not go up.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">