• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I be forced to travel?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jsmith9987

The company I work for is being sued by a customer for injuries. I was not involved in the incident, but was working at the time and was required to give a deposition to the company attorney. Now it has been more than two years since the incident and the company attorney is telling me I need to travel from my home in FL to NY to give a deposition to the plaintiff’s attorney. I can’t get an answer from my company whether or not I will be paid, or who will be responsible for any expenses while being forced to take this trip.

Am I REQUIRED to travel to give this deposition? (The company tells me that the plaintiff’s attorney will not take it over the phone)

Thanks,
Jack

rmet4nzkx

Ask your company to cover your expenses since you are their employee and they are the ones being sued, their attorney should be handling this for them, also ask if the deposition can be video taped, in other words they come to you it is done all the time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">