• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

darbster_99@yah

What is the name of your state? Los Angeles, CA

http://master.mx-targeting.com/mx/servlet/MXTarget?adcontext=https://forum.freeadvice.com/newthread.php&contextpeak=0&contextcount=0&countrycodein=US&lastAdTime=1095498931|1095482546|1095497614|0|1095406791|0|0|0|0|&lastAdCode=1&cookie1=capdate%3D188%26capdatedy%3D0918%26lupgtry%3D1%26lupgid%3D157%26lupgdt%3D1094790709615%26lflshdt%3D1094790709%26lstkywd%3Dcar+got+re%26lstlogdt%3D200409

Hello,
My car was hit while parked by a cement mixer being pulled by a truck; workers that hit my car left the owners phone number thank god. He owns a construction company.
I called him; he wanted to meet me at a body shop to repair my car instead of going through his insurance, I don’t feel comfortable with that. This guy has not even seen the damage. My car is smoking and running poorly after this happened. The owner stated “Oh common you can drive it, it was just the bumper” That’s not true though. He is coming to see for himself today. Please can someone advise me on what to do? I feel he may try to bulldoze me; however I can be tough if needed I just don’t know where I stand.
Thanks so much

Tayla

Here are some options:
1. Get three estimates from reputable body shops.
-or-
2. Contact your insurance company to file a claim.
-or-
3. Work with the construction owner if you can, sounds like he is taking responsiblity to see that the repair is made.

These options are not inclusive. If reporting to the insurance company, know your deductable. It may just be in your favor to let the other party pay for the repair and be done with the matter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">