• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I get car back?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tea33tea

(In California) Hi I was wondering if anyone can tell me if I sold my car to a friend of mine with only a verbal contract, that she would make me monthly payments until the car was purchase in full. But she has already missed one payment and or she doesnt pay me the amount we agreed on. I still have the pink slip and the car is still under my name. Do I have any legal right to get my car back and without having to pay her back any of the money she has already paid. Any information would be helpful. Thank You T.

Tayla

My answer: Sure, go ahead and get your car back. Its registered in your name, thereby making you the owner by law. You'll need a tow truck unless you kept the car insured under your policy.
Consider this a SEVERE wakeup call. If perchance this vehichle was involved in an accident or any unlawfull act , you get to carry the brunt of legal repercussions. Get any "contract" in writing. Be it your friend, associate or family member. Kiss your friendship goodbye though ....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">