• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fallen Tree Responsibilities

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mark8989

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Georgia. Forsyth County.

During the past storm we had three trees blown down. One fell into my yard, two into the neighbor's yard. Nothing was damaged, but who is responsible for removing the two trees that fell into the neighbor's yard?

BelizeBreeze

The neighbor is responsible for all parts of the tree up to the property line. Then you are responsible for the parts on your property.

Think "Act of God".

T

trdarnold

Fallen Trees

Is the answer the same for Alabama, Calhoun County?

T

trdarnold

Fallen Trees

I promise you God is ALIVE and in Alabama. He obviously does act here. We have approximately 50 trees in our yard. It was rotten, unknown to us and it did no damage other than to our fence :D

BelizeBreeze

then, in this case, act of God won't apply. Although the condition of the tree was unknown to you, it is still your responsibility and as such, you are also responsible for any damage it causes, including clearing it when it 'falls'.

Contact your insurance company.

T

trdarnold

Fallen Trees

Thanks BelizeBreeze, it is so good to have some humor when there is so much sadness and dispair now.

T

trdarnold

Bad Neighbors

HomeGuru said:
**A: yes, Breezy is both funny and funny looking.
Hi Breezy,

I'm back about my tree across the fence. We informed the neighbor that due to my husbands back surgery 2 months ago we could not help her with the tree. This morning her son or someone came and cut it up and tossed it back over our fence. What can we do?

HomeGuru

trdarnold said:
Hi Breezy,

I'm back about my tree across the fence. We informed the neighbor that due to my husbands back surgery 2 months ago we could not help her with the tree. This morning her son or someone came and cut it up and tossed it back over our fence. What can we do?

**A: hire someone to cut it and stack it up for firewood.

Happy Trails

HomeGuru said:
**A: hire someone to cut it and stack it up for firewood.
Then have a bon-fire and invite your neighbors over.

You could even sell the wood. Then the neighbors would be bummed they missed out on the money.

HomeGuru

Happy Trails said:
Then have a bon-fire and invite your neighbors over.

You could even sell the wood. Then the neighbors would be bummed they missed out on the money.
**A: smores would be nice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">