• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

locked up

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

diajazdam

What is the name of your state?LA/ I was arrested 4 days before Christmas for armed robbery and agravated battery. I did not commit the crime. My sister and her friend stole some checks and cashed them. My sister was caught. She was arrested and charged with forgery, improper use of a something and felony theft. The next day the police go to arrest her friend and she states that a pregnant light skinned girl robbed her and said her name was my firstname/sister lastname. She said she knew who the girl was. (she has never seen me before and thats not my description). I was arrested like I said and remained there 28 days. During my time in jail I wrote the judge 3 letters. He finally had them to bring me to court, he listened to what I said, & dropped my bail from $75,000 to $10,000. Two months later they labeled it no bill. Is there anything I can do about this? Police? The girl? I never been in trouble before not even tickets. It is on my record until I have it expunged off.

HomeGuru

diajazdam said:
What is the name of your state?LA/ I was arrested 4 days before Christmas for armed robbery and agravated battery. I did not commit the crime. My sister and her friend stole some checks and cashed them. My sister was caught. She was arrested and charged with forgery, improper use of a something and felony theft. The next day the police go to arrest her friend and she states that a pregnant light skinned girl robbed her and said her name was my firstname/sister lastname. She said she knew who the girl was. (she has never seen me before and thats not my description). I was arrested like I said and remained there 28 days. During my time in jail I wrote the judge 3 letters. He finally had them to bring me to court, he listened to what I said, & dropped my bail from $75,000 to $10,000. Two months later they labeled it no bill. Is there anything I can do about this? Police? The girl? I never been in trouble before not even tickets. It is on my record until I have it expunged off.
**A: sorry, I just don't believe your story.

<Bill>

It's to bad some people can't stick to giving advice instead of judgments and condemnation. Can't you find another way to entertain yourself, because your "Advice" is irrelevant garbage. :D

HomeGuru

<Bill> said:
It's to bad some people can't stick to giving advice instead of judgments and condemnation. Can't you find another way to entertain yourself, because your &quot;Advice&quot; is irrelevant garbage. :D

**A: that's great advice coming from you <Bill>, a bad felon in Michigan. Forging auto plate tags, what the hell were you thinking?
So my judgement of you is that you are a very bad person and your condemnation is going to be sitting in prison wishing you were out free.
How will you entertain yourself in prison?

CdwJava

diajazdam said:

What do you WANT to do? If you want the arrest expunged, you will have to get an attorney to help with that. if you want to sue your sister, that will also take an attorney. And if there was probable cause to make an arrest (and it sounds like there was) then suing the police will be a waste of time and money.

- Carl

D

diajazdam

LA/ My problem was that she gave a description of one person and a the wrong name of another. I am getting it expunged but I feel she played me to keep the money. The bad thing is she tried to dropped the charges but the DA would not except it. I want to know if I can do something about her. I feel the police did their job by following up but they could have use better judgement in seeing the truth and lie.

P.S If I was lying or whatever I would not have asked advice. I was messed over and am picking up the pieces of my life from it. Also if it sounds to good to be true that's more of a reason to be concerned.

Last edited:

CdwJava

Then continue with the expungement and speak with a lawyer about going after the person that made the accusations. Only an attorney can say if you have a case or not.

But, it's probably time to just move past it.

- Carl

H

hunter4585

so homeguru , what makes you so perfect apparently not your advice !

S

SignorFrancesco

Just so you have a second opinion on this, Java's exactly right about this. Do what you have to in order to expunge your record, and that means dealing with a good attorney.

Do not get caught up in looking to get back at anyone. If they had a part to play in false reports to the police and false charges, then I'm sure your lawyer will bring that as part of the reason for expungement. You just know who not to have contact with any longer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">