• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car Payments

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

filmbuffy

What is the name of your state? I live in New Hampshire. On July 4th an individual who went into diabetic shock crossed over into my lane and hit me head on. My vehicle was totaled. I have made 2 payments on the vehicle since the accident and a thrid one is due now. Both my insurance company and gap insurance have submitted checks to my finacial company to pay off my vehicle, both of which I have confirmation letters that checks have been submitted on my behalf. However, the accound number my finacial company supplied to the insurance company was incorrect and the check was applied to the wrong account. My finacial company now expects me to continue making payments until this mess is cleaned up. Should I? Why should I be responsible for their error. I'm out of work because of injuries sustained by the accident and money is tight. Any advice would be appreciated.

JETX

filmbuffy said:
My finacial company now expects me to continue making payments until this mess is cleaned up. Should I?
I would do so ONLY if necessary to protect my credit history AND with a written statement from them that any payments made will be refunded when they get off their asses and fix THEIR problem. I would also be down on the steps of their business every other day or so demanding an 'audience' with the manager/owner.

And where is YOUR agent in all of this??

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">