• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Satutory Rape??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tmj7492

What is the name of your state? Massachusetts

Hi. I am new to this site, and I have a question that I hope will get answered...I am almost 17 years old and I have an 18 year old boyfriend(we are 1 year and 4 months apart). I have been sexually active with him for a couple of months now, and recently went on the pill (my parents don't know I'm sexually active or that I am on the pill) and we are trying to be very careful to avoid an unwanted pregnancy. Recently, the subject came up about teenage pregnancy with me and my mom. She told me that if I were to get pregnant then she would file satutory rape on my boyfriend. I would like to know if she can actually do that? And what can happen to my boyfriend if this happened in the future? :confused:

ptlmejo

Chapter 272: Section 4 Inducing person under eighteen to have sexual intercourse

Section 4. Whoever induces any person under 18 years of age of chaste life to have unlawful sexual intercourse shall be punished by imprisonment in the state prison for not more than three years or in a jail or house of correction for not more than two and one-half years or by a fine of not more than $1,000 or by both such fine and imprisonment.
And since you are a minor, your mother can report for you.

Ummonx

dupe post, but the above poster is only giving you part of the story.

That law was successfully challenged in SC (mass or US, Not sure) as unconstiutionally vague and the legislature is expected to amend. Besides it says nothing about actually having sex with someone under 18, only inducement. Plus the key word here is Chaste. (which why the law was successfully challenged).

The age of consent in MA is 16. There is nothing your mother can do.

CdwJava

Not completely true ... there ARE things that usually can be done when a legal adult is having relations with a minor against the parents' will. Restraining orders come to mind, charges of contributing to the delinquency of a minor do as well. Someone who induces or assists a mninor in disobeying their parents or being out of their control will almost always find that they have broken some law.

What those specifically are in MA, I don't know. But to say that there is "nothing" that mom can do is not likely correct. She may choose to do nothing, but I would guess that there is something that can be done ... or attempted.

- Carl

C

confused2006

statutory rape

arkansas

is there a specific time period for them to be able to do anything in my situation its been more than a year and we have a child

BelizeBreeze

confused2006 said:
arkansas

is there a specific time period for them to be able to do anything in my situation its been more than a year and we have a child
STOP posting all over this damn forum and go back to your ORIGINAL POST!!!!

Damn it, I've answered your post and I'm not chasing you around this forum

gryndor

BelizeBreeze said:
STOP posting all over this damn forum and go back to your ORIGINAL POST!!!!

Damn it, I've answered your post and I'm not chasing you around this forum
What original post... this person has like four or five threads open about different aspects of the exact same situation. Little mini questions...

:rolleyes:

BelizeBreeze

gryndor said:
What original post... this person has like four or five threads open about different aspects of the exact same situation. Little mini questions...

:rolleyes:
I posted this for confused who has three separate posts on the SAME DAMN SUBJECT, children having children.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">