• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Recovering Pension

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

myys

What is the name of your state? South Carolina

While working for a textile plant the company went out of business. Now I've heard that they are sending forms to former employees for money owed. This is hear say, but isn't one entitled to their pension money even if the time worked was 8 year? Since the company no longer exist, how will I find the information needed?

Thanking you in advance for any assistance you may be able to give.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Your post does not make sense. Who is supposedly sending out forms to recover what kind of monies owed to whom? How does this have anything to do with pension?

myys

I'M SORRY THE STATEMENT WAS CONFUSING.

The "company" that went out of business somehow contacted some of the former employees stating that they were owed monies. The pension funds seemed to be the likely funds but because thiS is word of mouth there isn't any way that we can confirm this information. The company closed several years ago & there has not been any information on how to contact them. Isn't there an office in Washington, DC that regulates pension funds??

Last edited:

Beth3

If this is truly a pension plan (which is a very specific type of retirement plan), then contact the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation in Washington D.C. 202-326-4040.

If this is some other type of retirement plan, such as a 401(k), then contact the federal Deparment of Labor. 202-693-4650

Dandy Don

Please mention the name of the company and city/state that they operated out of, so that some research can be done on this. Also ask the person who you got the hearsay from where they saw the information (was it in a newspaper, a television ad, etc.).

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

myys

The company Bamberg Textiles
Bamberg,SC

Many of the employees have little or no education, some fear sharing the information they have received on this matter may cost them in some way. The information is coming from my in-law who really can't explain the type of pension or the circumstances that might have been the cause of the cash refund/pension or whatever.

Thanking you in advance for your time. :)

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
And all of this is still rumor, right?

I'm not sure that publishing the name of the company was particularly smart.

Beth3

Sounds like nothing more than a completely unfounded rumor. If this was a true PENSION plan, then it's extremely unlikely than anyone with less than 20 years (or even more) of service are even eligible for benefits.

Dandy Don

It is possible that this pension investigation is just in the preliminary stages or it may not even be true at all. Anyway, I will send you (in a private e-mail message) the name and address of Bamberg Textile Mills's registered corporate agent in Bamberg, SC and then you can write him for more information to see if he knows anything about this situation. You may also want to contact the local newspaper in Bamberg, SC area to see if they know anything about this. If it is true you can expect to see a newspaper ad or television/radio ad about the situation if they are trying to reach eligible former employees.

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">